2 Feb 2016

Dermalogica Clear Start Review

I have been testing out the Clear Start Range over the last couple of weeks and found the results to be quite impressive. The kit comes with 5 products to help give the skin a clear start, including: Foaming Wash, All Over Toner, Daytime Treatment, Overnight Treatment and Matte Moisturizer.

The Clear Start range is described as "the first serious skin care system aimed at helping teens cut through the hype to get clear skin. Developed by the skin health experts at Dermalogica, it uses powerful ingredients and soothing botanicals to deliver real results."

Although I don't have acne prone skin (nor am I teen), I still found these products have benefited my skin in the long run. 

 photo P2017318_zpsqg5cbsrf.jpg

Foaming Wash: 
I loved using this Foaming Wash! Not only did it deep clean my skin to remove all my dirt and grime from the day, it also made my skin feel extra soft and refreshed. The Foaming Wash has a gel like consistency, which foams only mildly when lathered with water, making it easy to work. Lastly, the cleanser did have a citrus aroma which I find to be the cherry on the cake as I love citrus scents. 

All Over Toner:
It was quite an experience to use a spraying toner rather than one you have to use a cotton pad with. I find the spray bottle makes application quicker and easier. I didn't notice much of a difference when using this toner, but in all honestly, I don't see a difference between any toners regardless - they all work the same in my eyes. The only thing I didn't like about this product is the smell, it has a very strong chemical like scent. I found myself holding my breath for about 30 seconds every time I used the spray making sure the scent had disappeared. But other than that no complaints!


Daytime Treatment:
I didn't use this product that much as I preferred the Matte Moisturizer instead. But on days I didn't wear makeup or stayed at home I found it to be a nice light moisturizer which keep my skin hydrated but was still able to control excess oil production.


Overnight Treatment:
This was very lightweight and nourishing, a little went a long way this is product. It has a calming tee tree/lavender scent that’s perfect for the night time. No complaints on my end here.


Matte Moisturizer:
The stand out from the kit has definitely been the Matte Moisturizer. This is honestly unlike any other moisturizer I've used in the past. In addition to primer, I feel like it helps my makeup last at least 25% longer. With moisturizers it tough to find a product that will help hydrate the skin but also keep your skin looking and feeling matte. But I think I've finally found the one! So for all of you oily/combo skin people out there, I urge you to test this moisturizer out, you will not be disappointed! 


Overall: 
I think that this is a great way to kick start a daily skincare routine. The products definitely help to keep the blemishes away and control excess oil. If you have oily, acne prone skin, I strongly urge you to test these products out. My personal favourites from the bunch are the Matte Moisturizer and Foaming Wash.  

The Clear Start Kit retails for $46.50 AUD from ActiveSkin.com.au





1 comment :

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!