10 Jul 2014

Review: Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Blush in Flush

Tarte, Tarte, Tarte. Where have you been all my life? One thing that sucks about living in Australia is the restricted availability we have to certain brands. Sure, we could order from the U.S with a shipping forwarding company, but why can't there just be international shipping? 

But back to the main topic (going off on tangents seem to be my thing at the moment), Tarte blushes have been on my mind ever since I first heard about the brand a year or two ago. If my memory serves right, I believe the person who introduced me to Tarte was Estee from EssieButton. Now the time has finally come for me to own/use a Tarte product (of course I chose blush) and the real question is: Does the Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Blush live up to the hype?

 photo P6143458_zps5d961d89.jpg

Packaging wise, I think these are one of the most convenient, stylish and adorable blushes all rolled into one.  I love the simple, clean cut circle design Tarte has put in place and the best part about these blushes is that they are colour coordinated to the actual shade. One thing I hate most about packaging is when they don't display the actual shade inside, meaning you have to sift through your entire collection to find that one particular shade. But praise the lord, you'll never have this problem with these Tarte Blushes. The blush also has a little mirror inside which is excellent for travelling or bringing along with you to work/uni for touch-ups throughout the day. The only gripe I had, and it's just specific to my blush, is that the pan is not secured/glued down, so when I try to swatch the product the pan just spins around. Ahh, definitely need to get this fixed ASAP.

 photo P6143460_zps428c3362.jpg
 photo P6143456_zpscd6dcd46.jpg

Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Blushes claim to be "long-wearing, supremely soft blush infused with Amazonian clay harvested from the banks of the Amazon River and naturally baked by the sun". One thing I hate about some blushes is that they fade so much throughout the day that there's no colour left on your left. Leaving you looking like a zombie by the end of the day - I mean work is stressful enough, you don't need a makeup crisis on your hands either!

As the name suggests, these blushes are not the ordinary 'buttery smooth' texture that just melt into your fingertips, they are more of a hard, clay-like consistency. Which I guess plays a helping hand in making them so long-wearing, as it 'stains' your cheeks. I would say these are a hybrid between a baked blush and a cream blush as the colour payoff is as strong as a baked blush but it stains and is long wearing like a cream blush.

Despite the unique texture, they are very easy to apply/blend, with just a simple sweep over the cheeks, you'll be looking fabulous! I just can't rave about these blushes enough!

 photo P6143462_zpsa16b317a.jpg
 photo P6143465_zps4cc74e20.jpg

The Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Blushes are available in 18 shades - I picked up Flush (which used to be a dark berry-pink shade, but I guess they have reformulated/renamed the shades) which is a cool, mid-tone pink. I don't own that many lighter pink blushes (mostly darker, plum shades or the bold fuchsias) so I thought I would give this one a try and I'm so glad I did. It looks great on tanned/olive skin tones, especially during the winter as it seems to stand out more, but I'm not quite sure how it would match up on darker skin tones.

 photo P6143479_zpsc80c80b3.jpg

I'm definitely looking forward to trying out more Tarte products (I'm thinking they're Lights, Camera, Flashes! Mascara next or the Amazonian Clay Foundation) in the future. If you've tried any Tarte products, I would love to hear your experiences with them! 

12 comments :

  1. I know right, what's so hard about International shipping?! I'm really glad you're enjoying this blush! I actually don't find them to be that long lasting on my cheeks, but it's probably also due to the fact that I have a more nude shade (Exposed).

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I'd love to own some of these international brands, especially the loroc eye shadows etc lol this looks so pretty though

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to try some products from Tarte. These blushes always look quite dry to me but I'll take your word on it that their easy to blend plus this shade is so pretty, I've put this on my list for when I'm overseas :) xxx

    Verity | Life of Verity

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea its amazing!!!!

    ArtistaKay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have two blushes: Tipsy and Natural Beauty and I really like them!

    RIKKI POYNTER
    // The Deaf Side of Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds really promising! I've been hearing great stuff about Tarte's blushes but they're kinda hard to get a hold of here in Manila so sadly, I am yet to try them. This particular color looks gorgeous by the way! Hoping to see an FOTD of you wearing it! xx

    somegirlnamedjem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post! I love the packaging but I can't afford one at the moment. They look gorgeous though! And I definitely need a blush that I can still see at the end of the day.

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
  8. Freaking gorgeous! I maybe in the states soon so I can't wait to get some in store!! These cost sooo much here so I haven't picked up any yet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really want to try Tarte's blushes but I haven't been able to get myself to swallow the price tag yet. I just got a new Shu Uemura blush though, so that should sate my cravings for a while. I can see Flush looking gorgeous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love tarte blushes.. I wish they were readily available in Aus :( xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to try these and the foundation. This colour is gorgeous.
    xoMadiha

    ReplyDelete
  12. I still need to try these blushes, but I love their clay foundation!
    Carolyn | BLOG

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!