17 May 2014

Review: KMA Cosmetics Light Of Eye Quad

I wouldn’t label myself as someone who is easily persuaded. If I see a blogger/YouTuber rave about a product I will usually google more reviews to ensure that the product will be suited to me and if it is really as good as what that person has stated. However, when I was in Thailand all those rules went out the window when I went shopping - if I saw something that looked aesthetically pleasing, I bought it. When I spotted the KMA Cosmetics Eyeshadow Quad that Fleur from FleurDeForce hauled when she went on her Asia trip late last year, I almost threw my money at the sales assistant to buy it.
Six months later, I’ve dug this quad out of my stash to finally trial it, praying it will be as good as what Fleur had said.

 photo P4243158_zpsd6623af1.jpg

Let’s start off with the packaging – like most Asian beauty products the packaging is uber adorable. However they are a little questionable when it comes to sturdiness. As you can see in the photos below the actual eyeshadow pan easily detached from the cardboard backing rendering it unfit for heavy travelling unless you superglue it pack in place. Other than that I do like the cardboard packaging, as it’s quite durable.

 photo P4243160_zps74c274e1.jpg
 photo P4243162_zpsb6ef341f.jpg


I picked up the Light Of Eye quad, which contacts quite neutral shades. The shades contained in the quad are very interchangeable and contain all the shades you would need to make a simple look that can be worn day and night – or even a smokey eye. The perfect palette for those on-the-go or want to travel light. The quad contains a black shade, a golden champagne, a pale pink highlight and a mid-toned brown shimmer. The shades can come across slightly on the shimmer side but definitely wearable.

 photo P4243165_zpsd64ac64a.jpg
 photo P4243171_zpsb7c181c9.jpg

Formula wise these surpassed my expectations. The shadows are buttery smooth and glide onto the eyelid. They are quite pigmented but can lose its intensity when fully blended, therefore needing to pack on more quite often. Other than that it blends out nicely and the shade all compliment each other well.

 photo P4243174_zps7fb618db.jpg
 photo P4243177_zpsa2f328a6.jpg

I bought this palette for approximately $8 when I was in Thailand and I’m kicking myself I didn’t pick up a few more when I was there. These would have been the perfect travelling palettes, as you honestly don’t need any more shades besides the ones contained in the quad. If you have KMA Cosmetics available in your country I suggest you pick a few of these quads up and grab yourself a bargain.


11 comments :

  1. That's gorgeous and super cute! I found some nice eyeshadows when I was in China a couple of years ago and foreign finds can be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowza! That is gonna make such a lovely eye. I love the light highlight shade and the dark brown shade. Such a great find.

    Lindsey| fairmaquillage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW. I actually love the cardboard packaging, like you said, perfect for traveling. The formula looks quite durable and the colors are so lovely too.

    How have you been? I haven't stopped by in a while. =]
    Carolyn | BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Asian packaging! it's always so girly and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never heard of this brand before, they also don't sell it here in my country I think. Too bad since the colours are very pretty and pigmented!

    ReplyDelete
  7. like that you can compare and review the product for yourself after watching Fleur. i like seeing if my own opinions match up with 'beauty gurus'
    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow the packaging is very lovely and the pigments are so vibrant! ✿

    Cristielle |Fairytale Princess ☾•*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw wow this looks absolutely gorgeous! Pigmentation is amazing, and what a price! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. these colors are great, really nice pigmentation. I love it
    xxxx
    http://loadsof-joy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow!!! This is so pretty. Love the colors and the packaging is unique. I find it affordable too.

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!