6 May 2014

Review: BYS Blush Trio in Endless Summer


My spending habits have certainly altered within the last couple of months. Unlike last year, I seem to be spending small amounts here and there on random makeup bits whereas I would usually make the effort of take a trip to Priceline every time I had a break. One of the most recent purchases I made was on the BYS blush trio in Endless Summer. Not only was I intrigued with the prospect of 3 blushes in one quick and simple palette, it also reminded me of the Sleek Blush by 3 palettes that I’ve had my eye on for quite some time now.

I've only experimented with a couple BYS products and most of them have been completely shocking and waste of my money, so I was a little wary when swiping my card through the eftpos machine to buy this. On the bright side I did read a few reviews about these blushes that said they weren't half bad, so I thought I might as well give it a go. 

 photo P4273198_zpsef534aef.jpg

With little to no expectations when first testing out this product, I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised when the pigmentation was through the roof and they were buttery smooth to touch.

The packaging, of course, is on the cheaper plastic side of things but when you’re only $6.50 for three blushes you can’t really complain. The clasp on the palette is quite sturdy but I feel as though if I dropped this palette it would completely smash – fingers crossed this does not happen to me.

Now I don't know if I'm examining the blush too closely here, but if you look at the photo below you can see in the first two blushes that the bottom of the blush is slightly darker than the rest of the pan. I'm not 100% sure whether or not this is just a fault in the product or whether it was crafted this way, either way I haven't noticed any troubles, just thought I would point it out. 

 photo P4273206_zpsd241465c.jpg
 photo P4273214_zpsb3028703.jpg

Formula wise these definitely exceed my expectations. As I mentioned before the pigmentation was impeccable and the staying power is great, the blushes are visible on my cheeks at the end of every working day. The shade in the middle of the palette is a little chunky as if does have glitter encompassed in it, but it in no way impede on it’s performance.

If I were to say anything bad about these blushes it would be that it is a little hard to blend out if you packed too much on your brush to begin with (I learnt the hard way). However, this can easily be avoided by obviously not swirling your brush in the powder and pack on the product. I’ve also been using a stippling brush to apply the blushes and noticed that you achieve a more natural look than using a normal blush brush.

 photo P4273212_zpsa1541003.jpg

The BYS Blush Trios are available in 4 colour schemes - Coral Me In (bronze tones), On The BrightSide (bright eye-catching fuchsias). Heart Skipped a Beat (dusty pinks) and Endless Summer (peach/coral tones). I obviously chose Endless Summer as I'm obsessed with anything that looks pink/coral and reminds me of NARS Orgasm (even though I probably own at least 5 other blushes that look miraculously similar). I'm very keen on trying out the other palettes from this range and they are certainly a good alternative to the Sleek blush palettes and are more widely available in Australia. 

If you haven't given these a try already I would highly recommend them as you seriously cannot go wrong with these affordable palettes!



15 comments :

  1. I have 3 of these (might have gone a bit overboard...) and Coral me In is my favourite. I think they are really great for the price. I do agree though that they can be a bit hard to blend! My endless summer trio doesn't have the issue of the slightly darker 3rd, I think it might be due to the colour fading, from sunlight or something? Because it's only lightened where the window in the packaging is!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all three shades! I love how they have different under tones of coral or brown in them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the colours!

    RIKKI POYNTER
    // RIKKI POYNTER MAKEUP

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a few of these and really like them! Mine has a little bit of the different shading at the bottom as well, but seemingly not as bad as yours! May be a fault in the product but who cares, it's still pretty good haha xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The coral color is my favorite. I like that you can make your own blush color by blending different combos of the three. Very good pigmentation for only 6.50!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look super pretty! Never heard of this brand, ill have to keep my eye out for them.

    http://blooming-daisies.blogspot.dk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know why I can't seem to find these, but the shades do look nice! x

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't heard about this brand before but it looks quite good, although I would rather go for some bronze tones than pink ones, thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice colors <3
    I never heard BYS brand before :O
    Thanks for sharing ^^

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are really bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a great product! Thanks for the review xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. These look really pretty, love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the colors! very pretty

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!