9 Apr 2014

Review: NYX Butter Glosses in Red Velvet & Peaches and Cream

If theres one brand that knows how to deliver quality lip products that don't break the bank it's got to be NYX Cosmetics. It's quite ironic how I like to label myself as a lip gloss hater, but it seems that all the lip glosses I've tried from NYX have become one of my favourites. I don't what it is but there's just something about NYX products that make them far superior than others I have in collection. 

Today I will be showcasing two new Butter Glosses I have purchase from NYX in the shades Red Velvet and Peach and Cream. 

 photo P3303031_zpsf1f0771c.jpg


Available in 12 different shades, the NYX Butter Glosses are true to their name. They feel freaking amazing on the lips, as though you have truly slathered butter on it. Now, I obviously haven't put butter on my lips before but I imagine this is exactly what it would feel like. Before I get into my review here's a little description by NYX about their Butter Glosses:

Buttery soft and silky smooth, our scrumptious new Butter Lip Gloss tastes as sweet as a sugar cookie—and makes your lips look downright luscious. Swipe it on alone or over your favorite lipstick for creamy sheer to medium coverage that melts onto your lips and is never sticky.” 

The Butter Glosses are extremely creamy and moisturising which makes them look fabulously glossy when first applied which then dries down to a lovely cream finish. The pigmentation is 100/10, yes 100/10 as one swipe of the doe foot applicator you can achieve full coloration. The doe foot applicator makes it a breeze to put on your lips as well. 

I had no troubles at all with bleeding/smudging as the day passed by but the only downside is you need to apply these more frequently throughout the day. I would say you would need to reapply within 2-3 hours of wear - more frequently if eating/drinking. But another positive is that there is no stickiness what so ever!

 photo P3303037_zpse6df95b8.jpg
 photo P3303033_zpsaa19c674.jpg

One of the best features about the Butter Glosses is the smell - it have a lovely sweet vanilla scent which is one of my favourite scents. However, if you're as fond as vanilla as I am, you will be happy to know that the fragrance disappears within 30-60 seconds. Oh and the shade names are adorable - I mean Eclair, Vanilla Cream Pie, Creme Brûlée, Tiramisu, Apple Strudel.. I'm getting hungry just typing these names out, ha!

 photo P3303034_zps3b23501b.jpg

Let's move onto the shades I purchased:

Red Velvet - Just as the name suggests is a bright blood red, it's not as deep as Lime Crime's Red Velvet Velvetine but just as good. 
Peaches and Cream - In the tube it appears to be a pinky coral shade but it's much more of a bubblegum pink. 

 photo ScreenShot2014-04-09at102943PM_zps9ccd1453.png

If you haven't given these a try, I highly recommend that you do as you will definitely will not regret it. I picked these up from Cherry Culture a couple of weeks ago (usually retails for $5) when they were having a lovely 40% off sale - you can also pick these up from selected Target stores here in Australia as well. I'm very impressed with both shades from this collection and I'm looking forward to getting my hands on a few more!



18 comments :

  1. I absolutely love these! I only have one but I definitely need to get my hands on more! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the red one! I adore red lippies! please follow my blog, its new! http://maybemayhemmakeup.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh so tempting! I love the lip cream I have from NYX so I am sure I would love these glosses...then again, I'm not usually a fan of glosses at all so perhaps not...They are so very pretty though! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. these look great! I've seen them a few times in good ole Target but didn't take them jump. Definitely going to swatch them next time I see some!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look beautiful on you! I neeeeed to try them :o

    Sarah | More Than Adored

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a couple of shades already I absolutely adore them but they're both quite light shades so now I really want to get a darker colour like red velvet! Looks amazing

    Brodie -x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've tried the one in Tiramisu and I loveeee it!! Peaches and cream looks lovely, might have to pick it up next time!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never tried NYX products but those seem awesome

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these two shades! NYX products are truly amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Peach and Cream is gorgeous. I've still not tried the NYX Butter Glosses... I know, what the hell. I really need to get my hands on a few of these glosses. I'm not even a lip gloss fan but these look too nice to pass up on.

    ReplyDelete
  11. NYX have amazing range of lip products! I am SO in love with everything they have, especially their matte lipsticks! Gorgeousness!
    I also love your lip piercing ;P

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing. The pigmentation is really great. I like how NYX isn't too expensive too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. these look great!
    I like pink lipgloss)

    ReplyDelete
  15. These look so moisturizing! I like the idea that it is a butter gloss, I usually don't use glosses but the colour of the red one looks so pretty! And for that price I have to check it out, thanks for the review dear!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Omgosh these butter glosses smell amazing I was going to buy some the other day but I didn't !:( I bought another lipgloss which smells and tastes amazing from NYX.

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!