30 Apr 2014

NOTD: Essie Angora Cardi

I purchase this nail polish months and months ago but haven't had the chance to pull it out over the Spring/Summer period. However now that Autumn (although it feels like Winter) has finally kicked in, I thought I would finally crack it open. 

 photo P4243148_zps7fe4e4c1.jpg
I'm not usually the type to pick and choose nail shades dependent on the season, but Essie's Angora Cardi just seems so much like a Autumn/Winter shade I just couldn't bring myself to wear it during the hotter seasons. I think it may be due to the fact that it's a very muted and somewhat dull, but I think that's what makes this polish special. Essie described Angora Cardi to be a 'creamy deep dusty rose', which is quite accurate when you look at it in artificial lighting. However, it does steer more in a purple/mauve shade during the daytime. 

 photo P4243151_zpse0861b56.jpg
 photo P4243152_zpsc5a4f848.jpg

The formula was amazing (as always), there were no streaks at all, and only need two coats to reach full opacity. I had no problems with the colour fading or chipping throughout the entire week I had it on. This is definitely a love/hate nail polish - I remember the first time I tried this nail polish on I took it off immediate as I though it looked horrible against my skin tone and completely dull. But when I applied it the second time many months later, I completely fell in love with the shade. I guess the weather really does affect my nail polish shade choices..

I can definitely see myself getting a lot of use out of this polish this Autumn/Winter!

 photo P4243156_zpsce7d219c.jpg

What have you been wearing on your nails recently?



14 comments :

  1. I always love essie

    xxx Anna
    JOIN THE The Petit Paillette GIVEAWAY!!
    A Tale of Two Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shade!
    Love Essie polishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a gorgeous shade, especially for winter/autumn! I think I may just need to go out and purchase this!

    Chantalle x
    ceceandgrace.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE Angora Cardi. I was the same with you where at first I didn't like it as much, and now I love it. It looks so good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! I bought this months ago and haven't used it yet either! Hahaha terrible!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice! I have a similar issue with one of my Nail Inc polishes, Bruton Street which is a dusty muted rose cream... I hardly ever wear it except for Autumn/Winter.

    bambikailand.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is such a pretty shade! <3

    Well I was wondering if we could follow each other via bloglovin, instagram, twitter, facebook and g+? Do visit my blog and let me know where you follow and I will follow back right away!! :)

    Keep in touch
    Charu
    http://www.myglossyaffair.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is lovely, I do favour these types of shades.
    Amy x | A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the color. I recently tried Gray by American Apparel and it looks great!

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!