11 Feb 2014

Review: Jane Iredale In Touch Cream Blush

Valentines day is just around the corner! Whether you have romantic plans to be spend the evening with your significant other or sitting at home, along, eating a tub of choc-mint ice-cream you still want to feel your best - and what better way to do that, than playing with makeup! 

Today I have an exciting review for you the Jane Iredale In Touch Cream Blush* in Connection. 

 photo P2112732_zps252075d4.jpg

As most of you know by know, I'm a blush addict. If there was a blush rehab facility I would be a repeat visitor or a permanent resident. Despite other's perceptions, I believe cream blushes are fantastic to wear on all skin types, throughout the entire year. Although I do have oily skin, I like to wear cream blushes during the Summer as you can always set them with a powder blush or just a finishing powder. I find cream blushes tremendously easy to blend (with the help of the Real Techniques Stippling Blush) and look really natural and not to sound cheesy or anything but this In Touch Blush is a prime example of this. 

 photo P2112733_zpse0ab17bd.jpg

The description provided by Jane Iredale states:

"A stunning alternative to powder, this creamy blush stick is available in a selection of luscious pinks and shimmering purples that help to create a natural feminine look. Simply sweep a dab of blush over the apple of your cheeks for a flush that’s soft, dewy and natural. This little beauty can also be used on your lips as the pure cocoa butter has a deliciously subtle chocolate fragrance and taste."

I do believe this is a great alternative to powder blushers, especially if you're living in the northern hemisphere right now and have to celebrate Valentines Day in Winter. Using a cream blush will give you the perfect healthy, dewy finish. 

 photo P2112734_zps25bf15de.jpg

Connection is a peachy pink shade that very subtle at first but can be build up to look like a natural flush. It actually kind of reminds me of MAC's Springsheen blush in certain lighting.  Like I said before, application and blending was easy, I did not find it difficult at all to blend out. The smell of this cream blush is delicious - it truly does smell like cocoa. I have to control myself when using this as I'm so tempted to take a massive bite out of it. Oh and I looooooove the fact that it is tiny (it'ssmaller than a MAC lipstick!!) - it's so convenient for travelling!

 photo P2112735_zps4ba8dcdc.jpg

I love all aspects about this cream blush, but my only gripe is the packaging. I mean for a cream blush that's $45 I expect more than just plastic packaging, I want something that resembles the YSL cosmetics range. This product is great to look at (I love the simplistic gold tube) but when you pick up you, are dumbfounded by how lightweight and plastic it feels. But hey, if you're not too fussed about fancy packaging and want a deliciously smelling, natural looking blush you've found the right one! 

 photo ScreenShot2014-02-11at101629PM_zpsb0c27fdf.png

Some other products that will get your heart racing this Valentines includes: 

Just Kissed Lip and Cheek Stain, RRP: $54.00

"Just Kissed Lip and Check Stain works with your skins acidic level to develop into a shade of pink that is uniquely yours. Using all natural ingredients, like organic olive oil and avocado butter,  Just Kissed Lip and Check Stain will nourish your pout leaving it hydrated, healthy and irresistibly kissable this Valentine’s Day.

Just Kissed Lip and Check Stain can also be used to create subtle highlights on your cheeks. To contour and add dimension, simply apply a thick line under the cheekbone and a small dab on the apple of the cheek."

Pommisst Hydration Spray, RRP: $45.00

"Pommist delivers a powerful boost of antioxidants to hydrate, condition and protect the skin. With its key ingredient, pomegranate extract, and a refreshing clean fragrance, it can be used before your make-up is applied as a hydration boost, or use it to set your minerals – ensuring your make-up stays on for the duration of your date, no matter how hot!

What’s more, the entire Hydration Spray collection has recently been awarded an ECOCERT Certification to recognise the farming of organic ingredients, renewable resources used for both manufacture and production and the use of ‘green chemicals’ – spreading love this Valentine’s Day to the environment too!"

Lip Fixation, RRP: $56.00

"If you prefer a gloss – try jane Iredale’s  Lip Fixations and feel confident that your lip colour will remain as fresh as the moment you applied it. Without the drying effect of petroleum, the  Lip Fixation collection is formulated with a base of organic vegetable oils and the highest quality natural ingredients to provide staying power, moisture and nourishment.  Devotion is the perfect shade for romance with its subtle and alluring pink hues that will add the finishing touch to your special night."


I hope all of you have an enjoyable and memorable Valentines this year. For further details on products and stockists visit www.janeiredale.com.au.






5 comments :

  1. I really need to try out more cream blushes in stick form, did this one wear well on the lips at all? The colour seems gorgeous! Love those golden peachy pinks!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love shades like these, and it looks very subtle and pretty :) I haven't tried a stick blush yet though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww...that cream blush is so pretty. I like the shade and the packaging. I will def check on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My love want to try this product. It looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, what is your nailpolish? :)

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!