27 Dec 2013

NOTD: Deborah Lippmann Candy Shop

The weekend is here and you know what that means - crazy glitter polish! If read my Work Appropriate Nails post a last week you would know that I have been steering clear from the glitter polishes to keep up with work etiquette. If I'm not being lazy and the weekend rolls around I like to go a little crazy and paint my nails with my much beloved glitter polishes. This weekend I found myself rocking Deborah Lippmann's Candy Shop. 

 photo PC132393_zpsb66f8919.jpg


This is the first time I've ever worn a Deborah Lippmann polish - I have always dreamed of owning polishes from her line but they are just so darn expensive that I simply cannot justify purchasing them for full retail price which is $19-$24. Although I have splurged once or twice on OPI foolishly for $20, but my lesson has been learnt. I was lucky enough to pick two DL polishes for extremely cheap on ifyouseekamy.com's blog sale and one of them was Candy Shop. 


 photo PC132396_zps08f87be9.jpg

 photo PC132397_zpsdcd7c41a.jpg

Candy Shop is a bubblegum pink with a massive amount of glitter mixed in. There is both hex and small round glitter in a numerous shades like blue, red, white, green, yellow etc. I was a little timid to wear this colour at first, as I haven't worn glitter polishes in weeks, but I'm surprised how much I loved the bubblegum pink and glitter combo. 


 photo PC132398_zps57773753.jpg


The only thing I did notice with this polish is that it started to chip straight away (as you can probably see in the photos). I was a little disappointed in this because these polishes do have a hefty expensive and yet here they are chipping so easily. Consistency wise I really like this polish though, it was so easy to apply even though it needed 3 coats. 


 photo PC132390_zps07e2f192.jpg

 photo PC132389_zps9ca3a2f6.jpg

I have since changed my mani to suit the working week and let me tell you, it looked like my hands was sloshed in glue and then dipped into a pile of glitter. This was one of the hardest glitter polishes I have tried to take off, but hey at least it looked good over the weekend. 

Have you tried Deborah Lippmann polishes before? What's your favourite?



7 comments :

  1. This polish is stunning! I dont own any Deborah Lippmann polishes, but I really want to own this one! :) x

    Molly's Beauty Spot | A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, so cute. I also have one in pink but it's a bit paler than yours. It's time for me to wear it for new year party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty and fun nails ^_^ this would be great for NYE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to own some of her polishes but they are a bit hard to find at an affordable price. Candy Shop looks really fun and it reminds me of chocolate freckles haha!
    xxx Kat @ Katness

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a cute color! I looks like yummy cupcake frosting! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's such a gorgeous colour! <3

    www.lilacbeam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!