15 Dec 2013

Christmas Beauty Essentials

December has always gotten the best of me when it comes to organisation. Whether it be about buying Christmas presents, organising plans for new years or just trying to stay on top of the end-of-the-year work rush. The last of my worries is usually what I should put on my face and I always regret not putting in more effort. Reflecting on photos of the previous couple of years I can see all the poor mistakes I made therefore this year I'm determined to make a change. 

I've carefully selected a few products that will be saviour this December and some products that are just essential for the Christmas season. 


 photo PC132408_zpsfb146abe.jpg


Now I know not everyone wears a full face of makeup during the holidays as you're mostly spending time with just family, but there's just nothing worse when taking memorable photos together and you end up looking like a troll (whilst your cousin who put in more effort looks like a model). 


 photo PC132411_zpsdfd0d5d2.jpg


Australis Make-Up Finishing Spritz

This is my secret weapon. If I want my makeup to last the whole entire day I will drown myself in this finishing spray. Not only does this help to set your makeup and throughout the day entire day, but it also helps to calm down your makeup if you've gone slightly overboard with the foundation/powder. I have seriously fallen in love with this spray and cannot go a day without it. I like to use this after I've applied foundation and concealer, then after I powder my face, and then after I've applied bronzer and blusher. Yes, that's right 3 times, but hey it does the job.
Available from Priceline - RRP $14.95

Maybelline Clear Smooth BB Silk Poreless White Skin Transforming Cake Powder in 04 Honey 

I've recently finished using my Rimmel Stay Matte Powder and decided to finally test out this Maybelline Powder I purchased overseas a couple of months ago. I've been quite impressed with this powder lately as it's been keeping the oiliness at bay and also supplying me with some extra coverage. It can be a little cakey at times but one quick spritz of the Australis Finishing Spritz and you're good to go. 
Not Available in Australia but can be purchased on Ebay - RRP $20

MAC Cream Colour Base in Hush

To add a little extra glam into your makeup routine you definitely need to go for a highlighter. I've been obsessed with Hush lately from MAC which is essentially a cream blusher. I usually opt for the yellow/golden toned powder highlighters but after experimenting with this gorgeous peach shade I've haven't used my other highlighters in months. It blends effortlessly and lasts for the entire day - definitely a 10/10 product for me.
Available from MAC in selected Myer stores - RRP $36

 photo PC132414_zps179f5beb.jpg

ORLY Razzmatazz

This has got to be the perfect red for the Christmas season. Not only is Razzamatazz a beautiful classic red, it has reflective shimmers in it to add extra holiday cheer. Unfortunately, I forgot to swatch it but trust me you need to get your hands on this polish ASAP. 
Available from Orly Australia - RRP $7.95

Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Amethyst*

I'm not really one for eyeliner pencils or eyeshadow sticks, but boy oh boy when I tested this eyeshadow stick for the first time I was instantly hooked. Firstly, the colour is stunning and is perfect for any neutral lovers, Amethyst is a medium toned brown with purple undertones. It blends easily and it lasts all day long - I especially love this eyeshadow stick as it be worn by itself and still look stunning. 
Available from selected David Jones stores - RRP -$36

Maybelline Eye Studio Master Shape Brow Pencil in Deep Brown

There is absolutely nothing worse (in my life anyway) then looking back at old photos and seeing that your eyebrows are nonexistent. If there was one thing in my life that I could change it would be to tell my 16 year old self that eyebrows are one of the most important features of your face.I kid you not, I did not have eyebrows (in photos that is) for the first 19 years of my life. Argh but I digress, the new love of my life at the moment is the Maybelline Master Shape Brow Pencil. This has a wax based consistency so not only does it fill in my brows beautiful it helps to stay in place all day long. The actual pencil is quite easy to blend out as well so it doesn't look hideously unnatural. 
Available from Priceline, Target, Big W, Kmart etc - RRP $11.50

Jane Iredale Pure Moist Lipstick in Margi*

Can we all just take a moment and break out into a jig - because that's what I feel like doing every time I wear this lipstick. This is by far the best red lipstick I have tried - the shade is stunning, pigmentation is out of this world and it is so, so, so moisturising! Words cannot describe how grateful I am to have found this lipstick - if you're looking for the perfect red lipstick for the festive season, then you have to get your mitts on this Jane Iredale lipstick. 
Available from Adore Beauty - RRP $40

 photo PC132416_zps81a6813f.jpg


My New Skin Herbal Skincare in Olive and Lemon Myrtle*

When it comes to moisturising I am without a doubt the laziest/forgetful person. I can go up to a week (sometimes more) without moisturising and as a consequence I tend to have dry legs. Although I do apply moisturiser in the morning if I'm heading out in shorts/skirts/dresses, by the end of the day my skin feels/looks dry again. Fortunately for my, I had the opportunity to test out a new product from the company My New Skin. As you can see from the photo above their products are made from freshly picked herbs and oils that work absolute wonders for the skin. After applying some on my elbows and legs I instantly felt a difference. Even the next day my legs still felt hydrated and nourished. Another bonus with this product is that you only need to use the tiniest amount and it will create drastic changes. Oh and I can't forget about the smell - anything lemon and I'm obsessed. 
Available from My New Skin website - RRP $24.95

Korres Lip Butter Glaze in Jasmine

This product is hands down one of the best lip balms I have used. Not only does it give instant nourishment but it smells delicious. If this product has edible I would buy 10 and eat the entire tube. Surprisingly these lip balms also have a little colour pay off so it can double up as a lip balm and a 'your lips but better' lip product. The Lip Butter Glazes are also in squeezy tubes with a slanted applicator which makes it easier and more hygienic to apply. I've been opting for this Korres product over my holy grail Carmex lip balm for the last couple of weeks - so that's got to mean something. 
Available from StrawberryNet - RRP $10

 photo PC132419_zpsfde9b853.jpg

MAC Cream Colour Base in Hush, Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Amethyst & Jane Iredale Pure Moist Lipstick in Margi

I hope you've enjoyed viewing my staples for the festive season - let me know what products you've been counting on during this hectic month! 


11 comments :

  1. The Jane Iredale lipstick looks like such a festive colour! There's just something about a red lip that makes you feel like you put in extra effort and amps up the glam factor :) I really want to try the Laura Mercier Caviar Stick in Amethyst!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, nothing worse than looking like a troll next to your made-up cousin :) I'm going to have to try that Finishing Spritz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am liking My New Skin Herbal Skincare in Olive and Lemon Myrtle :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love all of these! I havent tried the Jane Iredale Pure Moist Lipstick but the colour looks like the perfect Christmas colour! What are your other favourite lipsticks for this season?

    :) let me know please!
    Home

    ReplyDelete
  5. The spray sounds like a miracle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Hush, it is the best highlighter I own!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Red polish is great to use not only in Christmas...but it adds to Christmas season more joy!

    Secrets Of Camille

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO glad this is international! New reader and I'd love to try the spray the most!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Orly nail polish is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. the korress product is on my list since I have very dry lips but I have to wait when its available here.

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!