27 Nov 2013

Review: Circa Home Vanilla Bean and Allspice Candle

Now I don't know about you but I'm one of those people who takes pleasure in purchasing candles and never burning them, instead I use them for decoration. I have about 4 Ikea candles intricately placed on my Ikea EXPEDIT Shelving Unit. I've also been lusting over (I blame those damn American YouTubers) Bath and Body Works candles but I will probably never get my clammy hands on. But this is besides the point - today we have a different kind of blog post and as you can see it's all about candles - the Circa Home Vanilla Bean and Allspice Candle to exact. 

 photo P9280937_zpsbd41f535.jpg


Since receiving this from the David Jones Samples Bag (haul can be seen here) I've completely felled in love, I think it's safe to say that this is possibly one of the only candles I've gone through. Although it is small in stature compared to other candles I own but my oh my, it surpasses all of them.

A sister brand of Glasshouse Fragrances, Australian own Circa Home delivers high quality, scented soy wax candles designed to 'evoking moments from the past and creating memories for the future'. 

 photo P9280940_zps319da5b4.jpg
 photo P9280941_zpsc827e161.jpg

Not only is the packaging delightful the scent is intoxicating. I won't even bother trying to explain the scent in my own words because I'm 110% positive that I would get every aspect wrong, so here's a little snippet from the Circa Home website: 


Vanilla Bean & Allspice combines all-time favourite Vanilla with Sandalwood, Bergamot and Patchouli. Inspired by Running for the Mr Whippy van. Shell hunting at the beach. Lemonade stands on the front lawn. Circa Home Vanilla Bean & Allspice takes you back to 1965, when life was simpler and family entertainment was homemade. How will you remember it? We thing it fits perfectly in busy living areas close to the kitchen. Make sure you use it withVanilla Bean & Allspice Fragrance Diffuser. Remember to re-use your Circa jar with a tea light for a beautiful ambient effect.

I didn't have the pleasure of walking on this earth in 1965, but if it smells anything like this candle as Circa Home says it does then I need to build a time machine. For me, this candle has a very calming/soothing effect. Nothing is better than after a busy day of work than to burn this candle to relax and enjoy my night. 

 photo P9280943_zps38533769.jpg


This candle retails for $29.95 (definitely worth every penny) and can be found in stores such as David Jones, Bed Bath N Table and online on their website at circahome.com.au

Please let me know what candles you've been loving lately!


10 comments :

  1. I have another Circa Home candle and love it to death! It's absolutely gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a few of these candles over the home. And like you, I don't burn them... only the el cheapo ones first! I had to burn one though as my cat knocked it over and broke the glass!!! Gosh, it smelt divine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love vanilla scents! I used to be obsessed with buying candles, but it all got too expensive. Never tried Circa Home but would love to try it out; never used a soy candle before!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want this! Calming effect sounds great))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was looking at this the other day as I'm finding myself into vanilla scents lately. I opted for Yankee Candle in Christmas Cookie instead. I am starting to really like burning candles :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never try lol.
    But when i'm go to someplace that i forgot the name. I love the smell. Because remembered me with baby powder. So soft and smell nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love vanilla scent! Would like to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never tried a vanilla-scented candle..but it sounds nice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never had a candle from this brand but it sounds like it smells amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like such a pretty candles wich smell nice and create a warm look at home! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!