24 Nov 2013

Current Skincare Routine Feat. Michael Todd True Organics

So I've come to the shocking realisation that I have never, ever in the entirety of my blogging life shared with you guys what my skincare routine actually consists of! Although I have mentioned a few of my favourite holy grail products in previous ‘empties’ posts and what not, I haven’t disclosed all the products before – so what better time than now!

 photo Unknownss_zps6a15907b.jpg

Firstly, I would like to add two disclaimers in this post and say that a majority of products I consistently purchase and use are Michael Todd True Organics products. I am, however, in no way affiliated with them – to be honest I’m pretty sure they have no idea I even exist on this planet! I am just thoroughly impressed with the quality of their products. The second disclaimer is that I do use a lot of skincare products (you should always take care of your skin!) but I don’t use all these products on an everyday basis. These are simply products I consistently use in my routine e.g. I don’t use an exfoliator everyday as it can be quite damaging to your skin, instead I use it every other day.

Also if you're from Australia and you don't where yo buy MT products from - you can buy directly off their site as they ship internationally or from OzSale. MT appear on OzSale quite frequently and the prices are quite good - to sign up and make sure you don't miss the next sale click here.

Now that I’ve gotten the nitty-gritty out of the way, let’s move onto the more exciting stuff!

Moisturiser/Eye Cream:

 photo PB232264_zps317084fa.jpg

At the moment I have run out my regular (and most prized possession) moisturiser and eye cream - The Michael Todd True Organics Citrus Cream Moisturiser & QV Face revitalising Eye Cream - and instead switched to testing out the Gatineau Moisture Replenish Cream and Michael Todd True Organics Intensive Organic Cream Eye Treatment.  


Gatineau Moisture Replenish Cream: Boy, oh boy, is this stuff potent! This is definitely every dry skinned person's dream. I have never used a moisturiser like this that makes my skin feel so hydrated and supple. Unfortunately, because I do have oily/combination skin this tends to make me look excessively shiney. I've noticed since using this cream for the past week or so my makeup hasn't been sitting on my skin as well as it usually does nor does it last as long either. I find that I will begin to look quite oily by the third hour of wear and by the end of the day I look like a complete disaster. However this is definitely not to say this is a bad cream - it is just more suited to normal/dry skin types. 


Michael Todd True Organics Citrus Cream Moisturiser: As mentioned before (and in several other posts) this is my one true love/soul mate in the moisturiser world. This moisturiser works perfectly with my skin type and smells delicious. As much as it moisturises and softens the skin it doesn’t create any extra oiliness. I honestly feel as though this is the perfect fuss free moisturiser, as it hasn’t caused any irritations and it skinks into the skin within seconds. I just can't say enough good things about this moisturiser!


Michael Todd True Organics Intensive Organic Cream Eye Treatment: Another impressive and fuss free product by MT. Because the area around my eyes can become quite dry and irritated I have to use particular eye creams to ensure that those symptoms are avoided. I was a little skeptical when first testing out this product as other eye creams I've tested haven't matched up to my HG QV Eye Cream but I was happily surprised when none of my eye problems reappeared. Another reason why I'm falling in love with this product is that the cream itself is quite thin in consistency therefore it skinks into the skin quite quickly and it doesn't create a thick greasy area around your eyes. 



QV Face revitalising Eye Cream: Now if you think I was raving about the MT Eye Cream then you're going to be rolling your eyes when I start talking about this product. No, but in all seriousness this is my favourite eye cream. Although it's a 'cheap' drugstore product it does absolute wonders for the delicate area around my eyes. Whenever I am in dire need of fixing any eyelid irritations (caused by excessive amounts of wearing false eyelashes) QV swoops in a saves the day without a doubt. 



Toner/Cleanser:

 photo PB232266_zps051defe4.jpg


Michael Todd True Organics Blue Green Algae Antibacterial Toner: Out of every single skincare product I currently own or previously used this is by far my favourite product - you could possibly say it's my obsession. Despite not having any expertise in the toner category I can say with confidence this is probably one of the best on the market. Not only is it antibacterial (meaning spots/pimples are less prone to occur) it extremely refreshing and calming. I actually get excited to use this product every morning and night. Oh and the smell is divine. 


Boots' Botanics Mattifying Cleansing Oil: The name of this cleanser speaks for itself already. As i've mentioned before my skin is oily/combo so anything that is labelled 'mattifying' I will instantly leap at it. Since using this cleanser I have noticed that my oiliness is much more controllable and I can get away without any powder touch ups. However, in saying that when using this cleanser and the Gatineau Moisturiser, the oiliness was way too overpowering and I looked like an oil stick. So depending on other products you use in your skincare routine this may be a hit or a miss. But so far when paired with the MT Moisturiser it works wonders and leaves my skin completely mattified. 


Michael Todd Honey and Oat Gentle Deep Pore Cleanser: MT has done it again and produced an impeccable product. This cleanser truly does remove dirt/impurities from the skin without any irritation or impurities. Not only does your skin feel completely it clean but it also feel soft - I hate cleansers that leave your skin feel dry and tense. One of the best aspects of this cleanser is that I haven't had any major break-outs since using this product I will get the odd pimple here and there but nothing a little concealer can't cover. Oh and it lathers up beautifully which is extra bonus points for me. 



Scrubs: 

 photo PB232267_zpse4ccc952.jpg


St. Ives Naturally Clear Apricot Scrub: Oh dear lord - whenever you're feeling like your skin feels uneven or rough you should definitely use this scrub. It removes dead skin like a dream and I've even noticed that it reduces the appearance of white heads dramatically. The only downside to this scrub is that it can feel a tad too abrasive but when used in the right amount it truly is incredible for the skin. 


Michael Todd True Organics Tropical Fruit Enzyme Exfoliant Scrub: This is the most gentle scrub I've ever used in my entire life. Not only does it remove all the excess dirt/oil from your face it actually moisturises simultaneously. Unlike most scrubs that can leave your skin feeling a little dry, the Tropical Fruit Scrub makes me feel like I just slabbed a tonne of moisturiser on my face. Love, love, love. 


Soap & Glory The Breakfast Scrub: As the title suggests I use this scrub in the morning to remove any nasties that have formed on my skin throughout the night. I find that this scrub really buffs the skin effectively and leaves your skin feeling extra soft and ready for makeup. I won't go into too much detail as I already have a whole blog post praising this scrub, so for further information head here



Masks/Other:

 photo PB232269_zps2f7fbc11.jpg


Michael Todd True Organics Avocado and Mango Hydrating Facial Mask: When I first tried this product I assumed it would be a really dark colour that wouldn't be transparent, however when I applied the product it resembled a really thick cream instead. You could hardly notice you had the product on even if you did slathered have the tube on your face. The mask also doesn't dry into a hard texture instead the initial cooling and refreshing effect it has on your skin simply fades away. After removing the mask my skin looks slightly plumper, more smooth and actually a like brighter. This mask definitely lives up to it's claims when it says 'it restores skin's youthful appearance'. 


Michael Todd True Organics Pumpkin Nutrient Rich Facial Mask: Much like the Avocado and Mango mask the Pumpkin mask is more like a cream than an actual mask. The one thing I noticed about this mask is that it has a slight tingling sensation when applied to the skin unlike the cooling effect of the Avocado and Mango mask. I believe that the Pumpkin mask has a much more nourishing effect on the skin as my face felt as soft as a baby's butt when I removed the product. Whereas the Avocado and Mango mask makes your skin more plump and bright. So whenever I feel as though my skin is lacking in nutrients I will opt for the Pumpkin one and when I want to firm up my skin I will use the Avocado and Mango mask. 


Bioré Deep Cleansing Pore Strips: I wasn't entirely sure whether or not I was to include these bad boys into my skincare routine but I though I might as well should considering they are such a significant part of my routine. These are the absolute best when it comes to removing blackheads/unclogging pores and making your skin looking a little closer to perfection (just kidding, but you know what I mean). I like to use these once every two weeks to ensure that my pores aren't clogged. 



Makeup Remover:

 photo PB232270_zpsfa4d509b.jpg


Clarins Total Cleansing Oil: I was a little sceptical when testing out this oil based make-up remover. I'm actually not a huge fan of having makeup on my face and then applying a oily/liquid product on top and smudging it around - and unfortunately, this is the actual process when using this Cleansing Oil. I found that this works well when wearing light to medium coverage makeup, but when you've got your full-flawless-face applied you are bound to have a lot of makeup/dirt still on your face. So the only time I use this product is when I don't have time to remove my make-up before I jump into the shower (as I have showers in the evening), instead I will hop in the shower and remove it then using the oil. After using the oil I will use my MT Honey & Oat Cleanser followed by the MT Tropical Fruit Scrub and then I will feel as though I've removed all my make-up. 


Face Of Australia Purifying Cleansing Wipes: Are you sick of seeing these wipes in my blog posts? I know I am! I won't say too much about these wipes except for the fact they're my favourite wipes I've ever tested. They're cheap, they remove every ounce of makeup and they don't irritate my skin. It really is a win, win, win situation with these.  


So those are all the skincare products I've been using at the moment - some of these will change in the further or rotated out of the routine as I always enjoy trying out new products. However, since using this combination of skincare products I've noticed that I break-out less frequently (even during that time of the month) and the discolouration on my face has faded dramatically. I'm thoroughly impressed with these products (excluding the ones stated) and will continued to repurchase these products in the foreseeable future. 


Have you tried any of these products before? What are your thoughts on them? 



15 comments :

  1. Look at all you MT products! Heehee. I've always wanted to try them but not sure where to get them. I've used that St Ives scrub since my high school years, such a good scrub!
    xxx Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try MT products now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Michael Todd Blue Green Algae toner x x

    zoetrope2468.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never try your all products because it's not available in my country X(
    My skincare routine is HL Gokujyun + L'Oreal Revitalift for my wrinkles XP

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow those MT products sound amazing! Looking forward to trying them out in future :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. the mt toner sounds super intriguing that makes me want to try ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah I got combinations skin as well, will keep an eye for Micheal todd products, especially Honey and Oat Gentle Deep Pore Cleanser.

    www.makeup-yourawesomeself.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't find St Ives' scrubs to be too abrasive at all, haha! One of the most gentle in my opinion! Definitely a lot of beads, but still gentle.. to me anyway. Ah so Michael Todd products are genuinely as good as everyone (who's been sent them) claims! Definitely want to try some stuff from their line.

    ReplyDelete
  9. the toner looks great, but i never heard about MT brand before, and i think it's kinda difficult to get MT product in my country

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to try Soap & Glory The Breakfast Scrub so badly...I don't know how to get it though, I don't think they sell this brand in my country :(

    Greetings from Barcelona! | nerweenmakeupbag

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've got a really good routine going on! I really like the MT Citrus cream moisturizer and it does smell amazeballs! I now want to try the eyecream and the avocado & mango mask. You should try extra virgin olive oil once you run out of cleansing oil- I use it every night and it doesn't break me out and it removes everything amazingly well! But I actually use it more like a night time moisturizer, so I use it after I wash. But I have dry skin so it doesn't feel to oily! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've heard so much about Michael Todd... I really want to try it now!!

    www.cynthialions.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Michael Todd True Organics Pumpkin Nutrient Rich Facial Mask seem nice and wanna to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love organic products. I was not familiar with Michael Todd firm (I have not seen it at my County's market). I'll check them site they look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm interesting with MT products but since i can't find it in my country, a bit hard to have a try on their products =(

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!