24 Oct 2013

Review: Illamasqua Powder Blusher in Thrust

A couple of weeks months ago I went a little crazy on Illamasqua products (haul post here). Prior to this uncontrollable binge I hadn't experimented with many Illamasqua products  except for their eyeliners. However, after testing out the products I have now acquired I cannot understand why I have waited this long to test them out. Today's (belated) review will be about Illasmasqua's Powder Blusher in Thrust (I'm pretty sure Illamasqua's blusher names are more cheeky than NARS!). 

 photo P9280767_zpsa6645c4a.jpg


Let's start with packaging: When it comes to packaging Illamasqua are at the top of the creativity class. The blush is housed in a sleek black, lightweight and obscured alternatively-chic square. The blush fits perfectly into the palm of your hand and because it is so lightweight it feels as though there's nothing there. I have noticed that a few people dislike the Illamasqua packaging before they find it difficult to open, but luckily for I have had no trouble at all. 

 photo P9280770_zps1100513f.jpg

One of the main reasons why Thrust had drew me in is the amazing colour. Illasmaqua has described Thrust to be a 'deep magenta pink' with a matte finish. At first I didn't agree at all with their colour description thinking it looks more along the lines of violet/plum, but after some thorough research (ahem google images) Thrust is exactly what Illamasqua claims to be. 

The shade itself is very versatile and I think it would suit a wide range of skintones when combined with the correct application strength. Being more of a deep, sultry shade I find myself drawn to this shade more during the winter time. However, since being back from my holiday to Thailand, I have been reaching for this more frequently as my complexion has deepen and Thrust just stands out on the cheeks. 

 photo P9280773_zps92574739.jpg
 photo P9280774_zpsacfb03b7.jpg

Thrust is pigmented as hell. With just the slightest contact with your finger/blush you have incredible opacity. However, being amazingly pigmented is a doubled-edge sword as it means you have you watch out how much product you're using. You can definitely go overboard with this blush shade if you're not careful as the product is very finely milled so your blush brush will be able to pick up a lot of product. Longevity wise, I found that Thrust was able to last all working day long. Even when I use a foundation that isn't as long lasting and has faded on my nose/chin, Thrust is still visible on the cheeks. 

 photo P9280776_zps24552a59.jpg

Pricing wise, I think Illasmasqua blushers are very affordable (considering they aren't a drug store brand) compared other brands available here in Australia. For example Illamasqua blushers are $28 in Myer, $30 on ASOS or £18 on their website, however the Revlon PhotoReady Cream Blush retails for $26.95 and Bourjois Blushers are $20 in Priceline (all prices are in AUD incase you're based internationally). 

So as you can see Illasmasqua is very reasonably priced here in Australia and fortunately very accessible. I am thoroughly impressed with the quality of Illamasqua products, especially their blushers, and definitely encourage you to give them a go if you haven't already. They're a great alternative to their more expensive counterparts such as MAC or NARS.


20 comments :

  1. I want to try their products so badly. I feel badly 'cos they actually follow me on Twitter BUT I'VE NEVER USED A PRODUCT SO I DONT' KNOW WHY, hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to try Illamasqua products but I thought they might be pricey but I guess not. The quality sounds too good to resist in comparison to drugstore brands

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never actually associated illamasqua with "affordable" but after seeing your price comparisons, it's actually quite affordable lol the staying ability sounds great as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a fantastic colour! I have a few Illamasqau blushes, as well as some other goodies, and I love everything! I was also kicking myself for not trying them earlier :P
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Illamasqua always have the most eye popping, gorgeous shades!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm also guilty of not trying anything from this brand, but I've always been curious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE illamasqua blushes! I own 3 of them and they're probably my favorite blush formula! Would love to see a swatch of this or on you c:

    à la foliee

    ReplyDelete
  8. That colour is fab! I have yet to try Illamasqua blushers, I'm excited to though! x

    Leanne | makeupblast.blogspot.ie | bloglovin.com/blog/3923219

    ReplyDelete
  9. After purchasing Hussy I would definitely go back for more Illamasqua blushes! I loove their texture which makes it easy to go overboard with blush haha. This is such a gorgeous colour! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful colour!
    I have never tried Illamasqua products before, but I'd love to!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never tired anything from this brand before, but I love the packaging of the blush! Such an exotic shape haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is a really nice colour and I really love the packaging!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Never tried Illamasqua products, but i would really love to, this blush is gorgeous !

    ReplyDelete
  14. nice colour <3 i never tried illamasqua products :/ but i really like it <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. i like the color good presentation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've been on the lookout for long-lasting blush but sadly I din't think they carry this brand where I live :(

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!