15 Aug 2013

Review: Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in 006 Pink Blush & 077 Asia

If it's one thing a girl can never have too much of in her collection, it's lipsticks. I'm a major sucker when it comes to lipsticks and it seems I can never muster up enough control to stop myself from spending when I see a sale. The funny thing is though I also always tend to buy the same shades of lipsticks. Even though I know it, my hands and eyes just gravitate towards anything pink, this definitely a tell-tale sign of my inner hoarder. When Kmart was having their marvellous sale of $5 Rimmel lipsticks I sprinted (not literally, but I made my bf take me immediately the next) to my most convenient Kmart and bought two. At one point I had about 5 in my hands but I managed to eliminate (forced/guilted by my bf) a few and got it down to two - 006 Pink Blush and 077 Asia both from the Lasting Finish Lipstick line. 

 photo P8080386_zps4d146906.jpg



One of the main reasons why I was cheering about the $5 sale is because I already knew Rimmel lipsticks are remarkable. Owning 4 prior to this sale, I just couldn’t help but get my hands on a few more. So here we are, two more lipsticks added to the never-ending collection. 

About a year ago I first wrote my impressions about my first two Rimmel lipsticks (link here) and I can confidently say that I feel the exact same way about them. The only factor that has changed is the way I feel about the packaging. As much as I loveee the swanky slanted lids they are a major pain when you want to display your lipsticks upside down to reveal the actual lipstick shade. But hey, no biggie. 

I do truly believe Rimmel offer one of the best quality and decently priced lipsticks on the market at the moment whether that be drugstore or high-end. They feel creamy and nourishing on the lips but don't have the annoying tendency to move/bleed. The pigmentation is also off the charts and don't even get me started on the excellent colour range they offer. All in all, Rimmel is definitely the way to go, and this is coming from a girl who suffers from a severe case of dry lips 24/7. 

 photo P8080390_zpsda56a75b.jpg
 photo P8080391_zps2f2f71ca.jpg


Pink Blush is a light pink on the verge of being classified as a ‘barbie pink’. As much as I love the colour, I do think it’s limited to certain skin tones. Many fairer and deep skin toned ladies out there may be put off by the paleness of the lipstick. I've also read on a couple of other blogs that Pink Blush is a prospective dupe for a YSL lipstick in Frivolous Pink. I do not own Frivolous Pink so I cannot actually validate this statement, but from the swatches I've seen via google they do look miraculously similar. 

The other lipstick I bought is 077 Asia – pretty fitting name considering I am Asian. Coincidence? I think not (ha, just kidding). Asia is a nude shade with slight brown undertones to it, which in my opinion suits tanned complexions perfectly. This is unquestionably another ‘my lips but better’ shades and just makes my lips appear much more full and glamorous. It has a lovely satin finish and sits exceptionally comfortable on the lips. I’ve been reaching for this shade almost everyday and it’s safe to say that this is my current favourite lipstick.


 photo P8080397_zps7d9f6070.jpg
 photo lipswatch_zps7f83e6cc.jpg

If you haven't had the chance to try Rimmel lipsticks before, I strongly urge you to take the plunge, because truthfully you will not regret it. The price is affordable and the quality is great - you have nothing to lose!


What do you think about Rimmel Lipsticks?


31 comments :

  1. The Asia colour looks promising. I will have to check it out :) thankss

    xoxo, Charlene
    lipstickandsweets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Asia looks lovely! I've never tried any lipsticks from this range before.
    Amy x
    -A Little Boat Sailing-

    ReplyDelete
  3. you always review lovely things <3 these are so adorable!

    Carla Cee

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree about how great Rimmel lipsticks are. So affordable too. I've been contemplating buying Asia but now I think I definitely will after seeing your swatches :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've actually never tried Rimmel lipsticks before but these look lovely! I think I will try some next time there's a sale :) Pink Blush looks a bit pale for me but Asia looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous shades! I love both of them, probably would go for Asia!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm such a huge fan of Rimmel London lipsticks! I think I have practically every shade haha! These two are two of my favourites - they look particularly gorgeous on your lips too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love the two| nice lipstick

    http://ourbittersweetaddiction.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh these are so beautiful. Lipsticks suck me in so much it is absolutely ridiculous.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. both shade are so prettY!^_~

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Rimmel lipsticks, the Moisture Renew line is my favourite x

    Prettylittlefashionista 

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those two shades are super pretty, I love the pink blush one :)

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are so pretty. I love Rimmel lip sticks :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never tried rimmel lipsticks but I'd love to! I've been dying to try the lippies from Kates line but I gotta order them!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Asia does look amazing on you, like so nice with your skin! Also love the piercing!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have both of these lipsticks but pink blush looks terrible on me! :( asia is lovely though :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I bought my first Rimmel lipstick just about a week ago and I love it! Really good for the price!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pink blush looks so lovely on you! I love how moisturising these lipsticks are!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have Pink Blush and I love it! I love Rimmel lipsticks x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Asia is so damn gorgeous, eeek!! It looks a bit too close to a Clinique lipstick that I own, so I will regrettably pass on this one :P xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those colours are great! I love Pink Blush :) Does it last a lot of time?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Those colours are great! I love Pink Blush :) Does it last a lot of time?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Stunning shades! I love both of them, probably would go for Pink Blush! <3

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the look of Asia! It's a natural lip colour!

    ReplyDelete
  25. More love the Asia colour. Look good on your lips :D

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!