27 Jul 2013

Review: Maybelline 910 Shocking Coral

Maybelline has been on a roll lately with their continuous releases of fantastic new products, one of these include the ColorSensational Vivid Lipsticks. Since their release the whole beauty community has been enchanted with the stunning shade selection from neon reds to vibrant plums. The collection itself has 10 shades available and depending on where you live or what great deal you pick these up for they are roughly $15 in the Australian market. Due to the landslide of rave reviews and hypes, one shade has been a big stand out for me - Shocking Coral. A couple of months ago approximate 90% of beauty YouTubers were proclaiming their eternal love for this lipstick, therefore I obviously wanted to get my hands on it ASAP. 

 photo P7200260_zps75cdd81a.jpg


Packaging wise, it looks quite lovely. The clear orangey-red tinted plastic lid is wonderful to look at, but once you actually pick up the lipstick you can feel how cheap it was manufactured. I don't know if I'm the only one that feels this way but it just feels very flimsy to me, as though the lid would crack if I were to drop this onto a concrete floor. Nevertheless it does look nice. There is also a sticker at the bottom that showcases the shade of the actual lipstick - I really wished Maybelline had colour coordinated the sticker and lid together as it would be much more convenient. On a good note though I love, love, love that it's square and has flat ends. It kind of annoys me when lipsticks are odd shaped and don't stand upright properly especially if you need to turn it upside down to see the actual shade name (ahem MAC lipsticks!). 

 photo P7200262_zpsbdfe07c4.jpg
 photo P7200266_zps6ed93c60.jpg

With a name like Shocking Coral you would assume the lipstick would be a bright, in-your-face coral lipstick. Therefore I'm a little taken back at how pink Shocking Coral actually is. To me this looks like a bold, vibrant pink with a slight warm coral undertone. Although it's not as coral as I thought it would be the colour is still captivating. I'm not going to lie, I did make a little gasping noise when I swatched this on my hand at Chemist Warehouse. 

 photo P7200268_zps3a24046c.jpg

The pigmentation of this lipstick is crazy. I have read on a few blog posts that Shocking Coral is on the sheerer side compared to the other shades available, but considering I don't have another to compare it to, it doing quite well. The creaminess of the Vivid lipstick formula makes Shocking Coral glide onto the lips with ease and certainly no tugging. Due to the creaminess, this lipstick does slide a little, so it might be better to blot after application to avoid smudges around your mouth if you do intend to drink/eat within the hour. Other than that it lasts up to the 3 hour mark on me before it starts to fade as well as the moisturising feeling. I do notice that it leaves a nice stain on the lips, however be careful as it can create a ring of colour on the edges of your lips. Definitely not an attractive look. Overall, I do really love this lipstick and I can see myself getting a lot of wear out of this during the upcoming Spring/Summer season!

 photo P7200271_zpsb243d4f9.jpg

Lucky for me, I picked this lipstick up in a wonderful 50% off sale at Chemist Warehouse ($8.50 I believe). I'm praying for another half price sale as I would love to pick up a few more shades of these Vivid Lipsticks! Fuchsia Flash, Hot Plum and Vivid Rose - I have my eye on you!

Have you tried Shocking Coral or any of the Vivid Lipsticks yet? 


34 comments :

  1. i want this so bad :( love how it looks on you <3

    Carla Cee

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks soooooo beautiful! I too have heard approximately every single youtuber and blogger rave about this! Haha.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love bold lipsticks like this, especially with really simple eye makeup :)

    Annie | www.raspberphobia.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been eyeing these up for a while but haven't picked one up - definitely considering it now.

    Jazzie x
    miniinstilettos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one is so pretty! One of my favourites! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. SOOOOO pretty!! i really wanna buy the Maybelline vivids!! esp this color!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i like the color!!

    http://ourbittersweetaddiction.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous shade it is! Will definitely pick it up during my next shopping tour. xx


    The Bedside Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning! It looks so good on you too :) I definitely want to try them out! http://chicnstylishblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooooh wow, this shade is GORGEOUS!

    Kimberley x

    www.kimberleysbeautyblog.com (currently running an international MAC giveaway)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have this one and Vivid Rose, which is my favorite! And I agree, the packaging is really cheaply made. My Vivid Rose actually broke (and I didn't even drop it on the floor), so I have to melt it and put it in a pot, because I just can't get it in and out without throwing it on the floor 20 times first.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved Vivid Rose however mine was faulty and it fell out of the tube and rolled on the carpet :( I'm waiting for another sale too so I can replace it and grab Shocking Coral. It looks amazing on you.

    Sarah
    morethanadored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's a gorgeous colour! I love the whole collection of the vivids! I also don't like when lipsticks are oddly shaped and they don't stay upright properly (Kate Moss, for example). I like to turn them upside down so I can see what shade they are and with some shapes, it's just impossible!

    xx


    http://ms-jelena.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wore Shocking Coral today and I love it! It's so pigmented and it lasts so long - only had to touch up once throughout the day. It was a bit drying though :/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is soooo pretty! Definitely perfect for the hotter seasons!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't tried any of these lipstick but every review I read about them makes me want to try them more and more! I might go for this colour since I don't have any lip product in a similar colour and it looks really nice.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow this looks incredible! Such a bright and fun colour for summer :)
    Amy x
    -A Little Boat Sailing-

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG That is divine! swear that you didn't photoshop that!

    Beauty By Telie

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've got Fuchsia Flash and I love it, it lasts soooooooooo well on the lips! This colour is lovely as well, thanks for he swatches! xx

    ferdies-place.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. looks gorgeous! def not as coral as I thought it was going to be. I'll have to keep an eye out for a sale and try some for myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I don't care what colour it claims to be - you are totally rocking it! And 3 hours is fairly impressive staying power.

    ReplyDelete
  22. That color looks so fresh



    http://theshortiesfashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Stunning color! I love Maybelline lipsticks <3

    ReplyDelete
  24. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I haven't tried their lipsticks yet but I definitely should! What a gorgeous shade!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hmm I know I should have picked up this shade as well, it looks lovely on you! I agree that Maybelline really are bringing out awesome products lately xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. The colour is glossy. I more prefer is matte >.<
    But nice color

    ReplyDelete
  28. i like bold lipstick ,the color sexy

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!