30 Jul 2013

Review: Lanolips Lovely Lanolin Triple Buttermilk Body Balm

When it comes to moisturising in the Winter season I am the worst person ever. I mean, who wants to stand around in the cold to apply on moisturiser? Not me! As soon as I jump out of the shower I chuck on my PJ's ASAP. Luckily for me and my absolute laziness I have discovered Lanolips Lovely Lanolin Triple Buttermilk Bod Balm

 photo P7230285_zps1a90c608.jpg


Designed to nourish and hydrate dry skin, this Triple Buttermilk Body Balm really packs a punch. It contains a triple concentration (hence the name) of Lanolips' signature lanolin, as well as milk extracts and vitamin E to leave your skin looking buffed, moisturised and silky. 

 photo P7230287_zps0212cc08.jpg
 photo P7230291_zps8adf67f1.jpg

I love using this thick body balm on my legs and arms as these two areas are where I get the most dehydrated. My only pet peeve I do have with this moisturiser is that it is on the thicker side therefore making it more difficult to rub in and in extension making me use excessive amounts of product in one go. It also takes a couple of minutes to settle into the skin and not have that greasy feeling. I have read a few other reviews about the Triple Buttermilk Body Balm and a majority of people have stated that it wasn't difficult for them to rub/soak into the skin. Perhaps mine has solidified a little due to the excruciating cold nights here in Australia. So maybe it will get easier when the warmer months roll around and the consistency becomes less thick. 

 photo P7230292_zps0605f50a.jpg

One factor I know a lot of people are going to rant on about is the smell. I'm terrible at describing scents but if I had to describe it I would say it's a mixture of old school soap and old lady, ha! But I honestly don't mind the smell, I strangely like it in fact. I don't know, maybe I'm just weird. So yeah, just a little heads up on the smell. 

 photo P7230293_zps3fd5fa11.jpg

I've been really loving this body balm and I can see myself purchasing a bottle of this when I run out. This is certainly a staple for all those dry skin individuals or pretty much anyone in the Winter time. You can definitely skip a few days in between moisturising as The Lanolips Triple Buttermilk effectively locks in the moisture. For you Aussies can pick up this body balm (170ml and other Lanolips products) from selected Priceline stores and the Adore Beauty website for only $23.95

*Disclaimer: This product was sent to me for consideration, however this review is 100% my honest opinion.*




15 comments :

  1. my skin is dry, i'd like to give this a try (did I just rap?)if available locally. :) thanks for the review!

    Carla Cee

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice product :)

    http://ourbittersweetaddiction.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been LOVING Lanolips lately. The Golden Ointment and 101 Ointment but I haven't tried any of the creams. This sounds great - if only I didn't have a cupboard full of body products to get through.

    Sarah
    morethanadored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's nothing worse than cold bathrooms, we have ours nice and toasty :) Makes moisturising so much more pleasant in the cold weather. It might be the cold weather that's made your lotion thicker, I haven't tried any of these products, I'm addicted to Palmers Cocoa Butter at the moment, big pump pack makes it so easy to use and nice and quick absorbing too.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am also extremely lazy at moisturising the body at this time of year. Sounds like a nice product to try though!
    xx Kat
    http://katnesslifeandloves.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have so much great reviews on Lanolips!people here raves so much about their lip balm but haven't really tried any of their product just yet, but hopefully soon ^_~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a delicious treat for the skin!
    Great review and images provided :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds great for the dry patches on my legs! I get weirdly dry on my knees in the winter haha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love Lanolips products- you really need to try their Golden Ointment (amazing for dry, chapped lips) and pure lanolin products! I have a pet peeve for products that are thick to apply onto the skin and that take a while to absorb- but this cream sounds lush :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. i've never tried any of lanolip's products but i would give this one a try after my current abundance of body creams run out. i hate how winter solidifies products.. my jojoba oil is currently completely hardened in my bathroom as we speak!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks really nice. I know lanolin is super effective for dry and chapped skin. I wonder how it stacks up to nipple cream (lol), which contains lanolin and lots of women swear by as a regular lotion (if you cover up the label!).

    ReplyDelete
  12. i've never tried any of lanolip's products but i would give this one a try . Thanks for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've never heard of this brand before but I really like the design/packaging!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Whoa its quite expensive for body balm. But the packaging a little bit vintage :3
    Nice sharing XD

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!