4 Jun 2013

Review: b•liv by Cellnique skincare + Free Samples!


When I was approached to trial a few Cellnique Skincare products I was quite intrigued. My interest in the b•liv skincare range was amplified as I'd never heard of the brand before. One thing I love about being in the beauty community is the opportunity to try new products that I've never heard about, and b•liv by Cellnique is definitely one of them. 


Let me start off by sharing with you who Cellnique claims to be: b•liv by Cellnique is driven by advanced, bio-technologically-formulated ingredients with a decade’s worth of expertise in the beauty industry. Each b•liv by cellnique product features a multifunctional system that efficiently releases ingredients based on the skin’s needs. b•liv was also created for youths, with functions that are simple-to-understand and easy to use.

Sounds pretty impressive if I do say so myself. I received three products from the Cellnique team including Off With Those Heads (Blackhead Sebum Gel) Shrink and Tighten (Large Pores Diminishing Night Complex) and Immerse Me (Upmost Moisture Original Japanese Silk Mask). 

 photo P5309718_zpse84b081a.jpg

Initially, I was a little skeptical at how well these products would actually work on me. Although their claims sound like an absolute dream (perfect for my skin's condition), I didn't want to get my hopes up and then be disappointed with the results. So throughout the entire process of trialling these products, I kept telling myself the results won't be spectacular. Of course 3 weeks later, the results have completely blown me away. 

 photo P5309727_zps680b7593.jpg

Let's start off with the Shrink and Tighten + (15ml $49) - this product claims to reduce pores, whilst also firming and brightening. As most of you know I use Benefit's Porefessional primer almost everyday, and this is because I do suffer with large pores. Porefessional is a silcone based primer that fills up all my pores completely, leaving my skin silky move and ready for foundation. After using this night complex for the last 3 weeks, I can truly say that my pores have shrunk (at least half the size) and I don't need to use as much Porefessional in my t-zone as I normally would. 

As for the brightening element of Shrink and Tighten, I don't exactly see any miracles. But hey, the reduction in pore size is good enough for me. I found that this serum did soak into the skin quite quickly, however it kind of made my skin feel a little dry. This may be due to this product being used before you moisturise, but once you do use your lotion the dryness ends up fading away. 

 photo P5309734_zpsb84ba961.jpg

Next we have Off With Those Heads (15ml $39, 30ml $49 & 45ml $63) - yep you guessed it, a blackhead extractor. Blackheads are the bane of my existence. I'm not exactly covered in blackheads, but I frequently like to use blackhead strips and exfoliators. One thing I did notice with this gel-like product is that after the first couple of uses I found that my blackheads were more noticeable that usual. This was a tad off-putting for me and made me re-think about using it, but I decided to keep giving it a go. Luckily, the blackheads eventually slowly started to fade away. 

This sebum gel had a very cool tingling sensation once applied to the skin. Although I didn't mind this feeling (I actually enjoyed it) it may sting others who do have quite sensitive skin. The gel did absorb quite quickly (10-15 seconds) and didn't leave any sticky residue on the skin. 

 photo P5309721_zps95b5c2b2.jpg

Immerse Me (10pcs $25) is a Japanese Silk Mask designed to give a generous boost of hydration to your skin! It claims to act like a balm for parched and dry complexion as it gets absorbed in a blink of an eye and makes sure your skin’s longing hydration will never turn tail. Its nourishing essences shoo away the dryness and replenish moisture into the deeper layers of your skin. 

Whoa! All I can say about this mask is that when it says hydrations - it means hydration. My silk felt as soft as a baby's bottom after using this, I literally had to force myself to stop touching my face (it just felt so soft and ...nice). Although I'm far from having dry skin, I can still use this hydration mask and not look shiny the day after. I hate using 'hydration' products on my skin and find myself looking like a grease-ball after I've put on foundation and powdered my face. 

This mask will be any dry skin type person's dream. You could probably pick up one packet of this mask (it has 10 pieces) and use it throughout the coldest weeks of winter and your skin will stay hydrated and silky smooth. This mask gets a massive thumbs up from me!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


The b•liv skincare range certainly live up to their claims and I'm glad to see that I didn't have any skin irritations/break-outs whilst using these products. I would definitely encourage you to try out the b•liv skincare range even though the products are pretty pricy. This is undoubtedly one of those products where you get what you pay for. It does do a great job at removing blackheads, reducing pores, and providing the skin with intense hydration. Besides it's nice to pamper yourself once in a while!

For those who actually want to trial a few of the b•liv skincare products before purchasing the full sized product, Cellnique are actually giving away free samples right now! So if you like to get your hands on some goodies head over to Cellnique Website and claim your samples now!



*disclaimer: These products were provided to me for consideration. However, my review is 100% unbiased.*



9 comments :

  1. How exciting, good to see that their products worked well for others too because they certainly worked magic on me! :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the "off with those heads" and the "shrink and tighten" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That mask sounds like a dream - hm, tempting!
    Great to hear that they worked, I really want to try some of their products now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm obsessed with the Off With Their Heads treatment! It worked wonders for me. Wasn't the biggest fan of the sheet masks though, too messy for me haha

    Shell xx
    lovefromshell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This seems to be working for everyone, might be the new big brand of the market!

    http://talisbury.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never tried this stuff before...definitely wanna give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never heard of this brand before! Love the cute samples though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just what I need for my oily skin but it is not avalilable here.

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!