2 Jun 2013

NOTD: Covergirl 320 Midnight Magic (7 DAYS OF POLISH)

A couple of weeks ago I picked up two of the new Covergirl Outlast Stay Brilliant Nail Gloss one of which being 320 Midnight Magic. If you've been a long time reader of my blog you are well aware of my slight addiction to glittery/sparkly/shimmery polishes, so it's no surprise that today is yet another sparkly polish. 

 photo P4229264_zps6e3889bb.jpg


Midnight Magic is quite a complex shade. I've been sitting here for 20 minutes to try and come up with the right way to explain the complexity of this nail polish shade and here's what I've decided on: Midnight Magic is a charcoal grey base that's jam packed with green, gold, blue and purple glitters. However, when layering this polish all the multitude of glitter turn the shade into a metallic slate grey. 

 photo P4229248_zps2a64894f.jpg
 photo P4229269_zpsdbf6d54f.jpg

Again, this polish was pretty hard to capture as the reflectances in this polish made my DSLR go crazy.  Formulation wise, this polish wasn't the easiest to work it. It is on the thicker side making it slightly complicated to spread and drying time to be increased. 

When applying Midnight Magic on it's own I found the texture to be a little gritty but not enough to make it be categorised as a 'textured' polish. It did look a tad flat but after applying my beloved Seche Vite it looked much more glossy and more dimensioned. 

 photo P4229268_zps5906efe8.jpg

Overall this is an 'ok' polish. Definitely not as impressive as some other drugstore polishes (e.g. Essence, Revlon, Face of Australia) but for only $5(? I can't remember the exact price) you really can't complain. 

I was lucky enough pick up this polish during a sale (buy one get one free) and I'm pretty sure there will be more sales/promotions going on in the future. So definitely keep an eye out. 


12 comments :

  1. Gorgeous shade!

    Love it!!

    http://kellinasthoughts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That colour is freakin stunning!!! I really want to try these Covergirl polishes and this shade looks amazing! I'll have to wait for another sale :)

    Sarah xx
    morethanadored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lovely colour, I want to try out some of their polishes!

    http://talisbury.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a gorgeous shade! It's so shiny and I love the colour!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really great polish! The glossy finish just adds to it :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow what a stunner of a polish :D :D :D xxx

    Gemma ♥ | MissMakeupMagpie.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you've nailed explaining the shade perfectly! I don't think I've ever seen this shade, but I'll have to keep an eye out for it - GORGEOUS!

    Erika xx
    iBlushBeauty

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's gorgeous! If only we had Covergirl here... :/

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the colour! Much better than glitters!

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!