3 Mar 2013

Review: Benefit Fake Up Concealer

A couple of weeks ago I had the privilege of attending Benefit's Fake Up Launch Event at their boutique store in Paddington. Not only did I meet fellow Australian bloggers I was also treated to a 'goodie' bag featuring of course one of Benefit's newest products - Fake Up. Having great skin and look good is one of the main things we strive for now a days, and of course not all of us are blessed with a naturally beautiful visage (especially me!), therefore we must 'fake it 'till we make it'. 

Before I get onto the review I just wanted to acknowledge that the event was amazingly structured into a game of 'clue'. The story was that someone had stolen Fake Up and us viewers had to guess which character it was after they introduced themselves and explained a little bit about Fake Up. The actors in this play were actually Benefit employees and not professional actors - which was actually surprisingly as they performed a wonderfully!

 photo P2228879_zps48c44bcd.jpg


Available in 3 different shades (01 light, 02 medium and 03 dark), Fake Up is proclaimed to be a hydrating concealer which is intended to hide dark circles and diffuse fine lines for silky smooth coverage. This is done through the ring of Vitamin E and apple seed extract around a concealing core which diffuses light. First off let me just say that this is one of the best (if not most) moisturising concealers I've tried. I can guarantee that you will never have a dry or cakey under eye area ever again if you use Fake Up. This packs a serious punch when it comes to moisturising. 

 photo P2228881_zpseb6ca189.jpg
 photo P2228884_zps8c9e061e.jpg

I received the shade 02 medium which is a little too dark for me but still very compatible with my skin tone. I've used this concealer three different ways so far - by itself on top foundation, on top of foundation and a concealer and on top of foundation and applying concealer afterwards. Out of those three ways I actually like the last one. Because it is a touch too dark for me it doesn't fully cover my dark circles only minimises the appearance of them, therefore when I apply Bobbi Brown's Peach Corrector on top they disappear completely. One thing I like most about this method is that I use even less of the BB Peach Corrector to achieve what I usually would if I used it by itself, and it also gives your under eye area a lovely dewy/natural finish. 

 photo P2228887_zps4a2e3719.jpg
 photo P2228883_zpsd3980e34.jpg

Now for packaging wise - this is beautifully designed. Like most of other Benefit's products Fake Up's packaging is a knockout. The silver and pink tube looked so pretty that I didn't want to use the product inside because I was afraid to ruin it! 

 photo P2228890_zps919d278e.jpg

In my opinion the only downside to Fake Up is that it is only available in shades, therefore choosing the right shade for you is quite limited. But other than that this is a great concealer if you've been struggling with other concealers that seep into your fine lines or cling onto any dry parts underneath your eye. Fake Up will definitely do the opposite to those!

Have you heard about Fake Up?
xo

46 comments :

  1. This concealer sounds really great! I'm sure you wouldn't even have to use an eye cream beforehand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh this looks interesting! I haven't heard a whisper about this product but it looks lovely. Shame the shade range is so limited :(
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one looks very interesting, I will definitely check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i saw all the pictures of from this event on instagram! so jealous haha
    fakeup looks really good, but i can sort of imagine it being a lip balm sorta ingredients surrounding the core... but based on your swatch the concealer core looks really emollient though :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always the packaging is incredible, shame about the shades though, im normally always in between shade colours when theyre so limited!

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always had the "seep into fine lines" problem so it's nice to know that this baby doesn't do that :) I think I'll stick to my MUFE full cover though. But.. I might just introduce Fake Up to my mom or sister, both of whom are on the hunt for a HG concealer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this looks amazing! such a good idea :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a lovely blog, just stumbled across it now
    Would you like to follow each other via GFC and bloglovin’?
    If so let me know and I’ll follow you right back
    My blog is a fashion/lifestyle blog!
    Speak soon,
    Have a lovely day
    Much Love,
    Kate xo

    www.and-kate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks really cool! Definitely want to try it :)
    jordysbeautyspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've seen a lot about this, I can't work out if this is for me or not!

    I posted about my February Favourites today!
    http://missstephanieusher.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/february-favourites.html xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very interesting! Thanks for the review.. I agree that the shades are very limited.. :/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the review ^^ The packaging sure is fancy, too bad there's not a wide selection of shades to choose from : / xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This one looks very interesting, I want it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. supppperrrr cutee..!!! nice review.. :3

    ReplyDelete
  15. The packaging is beautiful- I really like Benefit's packaging as it is quite unique too. This concealer sounds really nice, I like that it is moisturising and doesn't cake onto the skin! Shame about having only 3 shades though, it'll be great if there was a perfect match for your skin :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. love it..thank u for the review

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like a fun event!
    Love how it comes with its own moisturiser, as we all know the undereye area can be a bit drying! :)
    Pretty packaging too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. i've heard about this. I think i'll need to see it in person before making a decision xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooh that sounds like so much fun, and this sounds like an amazing product! That packaging is way too cute, and it sounds lovely how hydrating it is! xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. This sounds great! What an awesome event to go to as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. This concealer sounds great, I think its really hard to find a moisturising concealer and so if this does the trick then I'm sold! It is a shame about the 3 shades though I do agree on that, lovely blog by the way :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. the packaging is really cute! I really am having a hard time finding the right concealer even though I hoard on concealers but there is still none that I could considered my HG...I'll try this one out soon** just crossing fingers that I could able to find the right shade for me =)

    ReplyDelete
  23. stick concealer is more higienis, i think.
    hey how about swatches under your eyes, i got big problem with my oanda eyes :(

    by
    Author of DELLilah's Blog

    ReplyDelete
  24. wow it's so great concelear
    moisturize, no cakey are all what we want from a concelear
    hope i can find something as god as this
    since i believe it is not sell in my contry >.<

    ReplyDelete
  25. I really like how benefit names their products... very clever~! haha


    www.oranjji.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. such a beautiful packaging as always!! i swear i want to buy alot of Benefit products because of the packaging alone, hehe. i've been wondering about that concealer, sounds like it works amazing, can't wait to try it myself! thanks for the great review hun :)

    I hope you're having a beautiful day ~ XO
    NEW POST: www.chriissydollxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great review! I am in LOVE with that packaging!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love Benefit. They have cute packaging and their products works for me most of the time. I have yet to try this though. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love this :) I think it would be perfect for my skin!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love the packaging, but its a shame there is not a great shade selection.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I really wanna try it now! My skin is so dry and it's so freaking hard finding a good moisturizing concealer. Too bad they're not sold in Estonia..

    ReplyDelete
  32. yes i heard but i never tried :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. This looks like a really great product!

    ReplyDelete
  34. the packaging is so cuteee <3
    thx a loooot for this review, this day im still confused which concealer that i should buy, and this is really help me, i will definetly check out this one

    xo
    http://girlsweethings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  35. I am looking for a new concealer, and now I am thinking to buy it because of you! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  36. now that i know it works i want to buy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. It is a bit disappointing about the shade selection, as I have very pale skin; but I can usually use darker colours around my eyes and get away with it. I think Benefit are really innovating at the moment, with this and their Fine 11 product there are some great new tools in our makeup bags!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Oooh I would definitely like to try this one, I hate it when concealers make your undereye area cakey!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. looks good!
    thanks for the review :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love benefit stuff, looks amazing! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  41. This concealer looks rather interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  42. I didn't heard about Fake Up. It sounds very good!

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!