20 Feb 2013

Review: Bobbi Brown 'Peach' Corrector

Bobbi Brown's Peach Corrector has been the talk of the town these past couple of months - it seems as though almost every YouTuber has been raving on about this. Naturally this made me want to try it out and see what all the hype is about.

 photo P1318682_zps6f0ca645.jpg


 If you didn't get a chance to see my birthday presents haul post, then you might be a little confused as to why there is thai writing on the back of the box. My sister went on a holiday to Thailand recently and bought me back a few goodies, one of which was the Bobbi Brown Peach Corrector. When I first opened this little bundle of joy I was a little put off by the colour - from memory it had looked quite lighter in photos. And then I realised 'duh - it comes in different shades' so when I swatched it on my arm it was the perfect colour for me. 

 photo P1318684_zps0141197e.jpg

The Bobbi Brown Corrector claims to be "a wakeup call for tired eyes. Corrector is pink- or peach-based to neutralise under-eye darkness and is designed to be used before Creamy Concealer. New and improved formula is long-wearing and brightens dark circles with quick, just-right coverage that’s easy to blend and won’t crease. And since great makeup starts with healthy skin, Corrector is infused with skin conditioners to protect the delicate under-eye area." It sounds too good to be true right? At first I was a little sketchy whether or not the corrector would be able to cover my under eye dark circles (as mine are pretty dark at the moment), but surprisingly I was wrong. Just a little dab of this creamy product and my dark circles almost disappear. Unlike other concealers where the product attempts to cover under eye circles, the Bobbi Brown corrector neutralises the the dark circles leaving an almost blank canvas. This is because the corrector is a peach (pink) based which neutralises purple and blue undertones of your under eye circles. 

 photo P1318687_zps9ef40851.jpg

For me I like to use both the Bobbi Brown Corrector as well as a brightening concealer. Because I prefer to have the brighten under eye look I use a concealer on top of the corrector as the corrector only neutralised and does not brighten. Maybe if I had gotten a shade lighter it would have the brightened under eye effect but this peach shade matches my skin perfectly. Application wise I like to use my ring finger and pat on the product. I have yet to try it with a synthetic brush though so I'm not sure whether or not it will have the same effect.   

 photo P1318688_zps58969d92.jpg

Although it doesn't seem like there is a lot of product for this corrector I can tell it will last me for at least 2 - 3 months - I only have to use the slightly amount of product to neutralise my under eye circles. The packaging like other Bobbi Brown products is sleek and professional and actually very light in weight. If you're looking a corrector to combat your under eye circles and stays on all day and does not crease - look no further than the Bobbi Brown Corrector. It may have a hefty price tag (it will set you back $46 here in Australia), I can tell you now it's definitely worth it. Let's hope one day I will be able to find a cheaper dupe though - it will make my wallet much happier!

Have you tried the Bobbi Brown Corrector?
xo


34 comments :

  1. Damn.. so good.. I want it.. :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds wonderful. I think I would be too scared to use a product that didn't match my skin tone EXACTLY. :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard a lot of good things about this product too, nice review!
    http://shuikaybb.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've tried it and I love it! Need to repurchase it xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving my Benefit Erase Paste which is really similar :)

    Sarah
    morethanadored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never tried, but it looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i've heard tons and tons of amazing things about Bobbi Brown corrector, i think it's their most famous product. i've been contemplating for so long if i want to spend that much on one tiny product and you just pushed me over the edge, hahah. :) i think it's worth it too! thanks for the review hun! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would like to try this but I already have erase paste which I am trying to use up! The fact that this doesn't crease sounds amazing, all concealers crease on me :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. please swatch it under your eye. I wanna see how it works.
    I got problem about my panda eyes ;(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whoa it looks so orange in pan O_O
    Glad it works! I'm always frustrated if a concealer creases under my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've heard so many good things about this product. I am yet to try it! :)

    http://nhiarchibald.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I never try Bobbi Brown products but I heard it's really good cosmetic brand! Hope I can try this one in the future!

    littleredviola.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bobbi Brown has great products I heard. I hope I can try this one. Nice review! ^_^

    http://daintychic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. thanks for sharing! I have been eyeing to get one of these soon! ^_~

    ReplyDelete
  15. I NEED this in my life. Nothing covers my under eye circles, so this product is my last chance! Now I just need to drive to Austria to get it, since it isn't sold in my country.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This corrector sounds like a wonderful product. I've heard lots of great things about Bobbi Brown products but never tried them since they aren't sold here. =(

    ReplyDelete
  17. If I wanted a peach toned under eye concealer I'd probably try this, or benefits erase paste, but this sounds so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really wanted to try Bobbi Brown's correctors because I hear so many people raving about them :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi thank you for this review
    is having corrector + concelear compare to just concelear only will make big different?
    i never use any concelear before, and want to try it. but don't know will i need corrector too or not since my dark circle is consider light.
    maybe you can give me a suggestion based on your experience?
    thx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hope I could have it... but I dont have so much money so I try to find the cheaper one..

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have never tried, but it looks good and promosing !

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks really good! I want to try it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. looks great, I definitely should try this one.. thanks for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. I need this! Bobbi Brown cosmetics are so good! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I must have a look at this in person. Thanks for the post!

    nstransky@pacific.net.au

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm looking for a good concealer..thank you for the suggestion and the detailed desription!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I haven't tried this yet but I have been wanting this for the longest time. I love Bobbi Brown cosmetics. I believe I get what I pay for. High quality products indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  28. this look amazing! I'm always looking out for a decent concealer! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Look cool! Wanna try but so pricey for me :(

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!