12 Jan 2013

Review: CHI CHI Super BB Cream

Although I'm not very experienced in the world of BB creams, after hearing so many good things about them I thought I would test them out. The two BB creams i've tried prior to this one has been the Garnier BB Cream for oily/combination skin (review here) and the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream which both worked amazingly, thus this made me even more eager to give other BB creams a try. When I spotted the Chi Chi Super BB Cream on a random trip to Target for 30% off I pounced and picked it up straight away. Even though I have never heard about Chi Chi's BB Cream before, the label/description on the box made it sound too good to be true. 

Photobucket


As you will see in the next couple of photos Chi Chi's Super BB Cream claims to be a lot of different things - not only is it anti-aging, super moisturising, better than a tinted moisturiser and leave your skin looking glowing, natural and healthy. All these claims are due to the 14 skin conditioning agents this BB encompasses. So does it live up to all it's claims? 

Photobucket

I feel as though there is a lot to cover in this review and I don't want to miss anything out, so I'm going to be doing this review in little segments! I hope you don't mind. It is a little different to what I usually do in reviews. 

Photobucket


Packaging: Like most asian BB Creams, the Chi Chi BB Cream comes in a soft squeezey tube with a pump. This makes dispensing the product quick, easy and sanitary. Also when it feels like you're out of product, you can cut it open and get one more use out of it! Additionally, I love the look of the black, white and purple packaging - it's professional but stands out at the same time. A big thumbs up for me there.

Photobucket

Formulation: I find this BB Cream to be quite light weight on the skin and doesn't give you the dreaded 'I-want-to-remove-my-makeup-off' feeling. It does feels very moisturising, however because it is so moisturising I need to powder my face more often than I do with other BB Creams or foundations. Now, I'm not talking like a nice dewy glow, I'm talking about full on oily sheen on my face after 1-2 hours of wear and it's definitely not a pretty look. This is one of the biggest downfalls I find with this BB Cream - I had minimal trouble with the Garnier BB Cream. This BB Cream is super easy to blend into the skin with using either your hands or a brush. I find that using your hands gives you a more natural finish, whereas a kabuki brush is more flawless. 

Photobucket


Coverage: Although it is a lightweight formula, the coverage is quite good. Chi Chi claims that it can be used as a light foundation or as a foundation primer, for me though because the coverage is good I probably won't need to use a foundation on top maybe just concealer underneath my eyes. So I unfortunately cannot tell you if it is able to make your foundations last longer etc. When just using the BB Cream though it certainly removes the slight redness, blemishes and discolouration on my skin. The BB Cream is also buildable, so you can give yourself a more flawless finish on days where you need more coverage. A good thing about this is that it doesn't separate on the skin or cling onto any dry spots, therefore reducing the risk of having a 'cakey' appearance. I bought this in the shade 'medium to tanned' and it matched my skin quite well (MAC's NC30). 

Photobucket


Scent: Having scent as a category may be a little weird but I thought I would add it as the smell of a product can influence your experience with it. Surprisingly enough, I actually quite like the scent of this BB Cream - it has a faint floral scent, although it's not quite as lovely as the Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation.

Other Benefits
- SPF 30
- Easily accessible to Australians (You can find this anywhere Chi Chi Cosmetics is sold, which is a lot)
- If memory serves right it comes in 3 different shades light, medium and medium to tanned
- Inexpensive (for us Aussies): retails for $19.95 however Chi Chi frequently have promotions

Photobucket

Overall, I'm quite impressed with this BB Cream but I think I may like the Garnier BB Cream for oily/combination skin slightly more. Like I said, the only real downside to this is that it is prone to oiliness - if I didn't need to touch up my face as much this would be perfect. Please let me know if you try or tried this BB Cream out, I would love to know what you think about it!

Thank you for reading and having an amazing day.
xo

78 comments :

  1. Very helpful. I was thinking of which one should i get.
    ENTER>>>Dress and make-up goodies Giveaway<<<

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I could use this if you look oily after only 2 hours :( otherwise, this sounds like a decent product.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, so many brands have released their own version of the BB creams now. Finally it's no longer reserved for the asian countries making it much easier to access rather than having to always buy them online, yay. :D Great review! I still need too try the garnier one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I own any products from Chi Chi, but it seems to be a pretty good brand (especially with its new eyeshadow palette inspired by the Naked palettes!)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I experimented with many bb creams in the past and almost all of them have been pleasant :) I've never tried the Garnier or Maybelline ones from the US or Europe though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't tried anything from Chi Chi, but this looks nice, especially since my skin is more on the dry side, so the oil control shouldn't be a problem for me~ c: I still prefer my Face Shop BB cream though. xD

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't heard about Chi Chi BB cream before. It looks nice, but I have oily skin so it might not work well for me :(
    thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the look of that, but I get oily easily, so I am always worried about BB creams, and this seems like a BB cream I should be worried about!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maybe it would work best in cooler areas? I don't know. Haha. Haven't really tried living in a country with winter. But I guess this won't be fit for me because I live in a tropical country. Boo. Most BB creams I know have that dewy finish. :(

    Anywy, please join my ongoing giveaway here: Birthday Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not that familiar with the brand but the packaging is so pretty! I loved it ^_~

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never heard of Chi Chi's BB cream :O
    I'll probably skip it since I have an oily t-zone and need a lot more coverage (damn you acne scars).
    Thanks for the review :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't seen or heard about this Chi Chi BB cream before until now! The packaging is gorgeous, love the black and the stand out hot pink font. The consistency looks great although what a shame that it looks like an oil slick after 2 hours! Scent definitely influences my choice in products- any product with a super strong off putting scent or just plain powdery or chemical-like will get a huge thumbs down for me, so it isn't weird having a "scent" category :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love BB creams too but agreed, you need powder to sustain a good finish. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm not a massive BB cream fan, but this sounds great

    http://alittlebitunique.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh wow, this sounds like the perfect BB cream for me! and Chi Chi packing is always so cute! Their lippies are my fave, so vivid and pigmented. thanks for the helpful review hun, I want to grab this when I drop by the mall :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have Nivea BB cream but I'm not so impresed! Maybe I will try Maybelline or Garnier, I don't think that I can find chi chi in my town...and I feel sorry because sounds a great bb cream..

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you very much for the review!^^ This seems like a good BB Cream but personally I prefer the Asian BB Creams!^^ I hope you have a nice day!;3

    http://nyan-dany.blogspot.mx/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super chic! I always love bb cream♥ I might try this one out. good review dawn:))

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've never heard of this brand before but they sound really interesting! My favourite BB cream is one by a company called BRTC - have you heard of them? It's so lightweight and contains so many good ingredients including gold caviar! Ha

    You should definitely check them out if you are getting into BB creams :)

    www.SamuelJamesMorris.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. This looks & sounds so good! I think I might have to pick this up sometime. Thanks for the review! ALthough I quite like the garnier bb cream, too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Interesting bb cream! The name is very cute :P I do like the packaging. The pump reminds me of the Lioele ones :p

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sounds nice, thank you for the review! I like the BB cream from Etude house!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I haven't tried ChiChi. Very interesting BB cream. Make me wanna try this one now :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have a really oily complexion so i dont think this would be any good for me unfortunatly :( nice review though!
    http://jodie-melissa.blogspot.co.uk/
    x

    ReplyDelete
  25. never heard of this brand, but it looks great! xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have not tried chichi BB cream , But I want to try it. The packaging is so cute.
    Thanks For the review :)


    April
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  27. Nice review. I have dry skin, so this might be worth it to try. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  28. i love bb cream so much..cant leave without them :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Я не разу не пользовалось.Думаю,стоит попробовать.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Never heard of this brand, but it looks great, nice review :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love the packaging. I love BB creams and I'm currently using the Garnier BB Cream. This is the only BB cream available in India.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh I am going to try this! I love the packaging and the light weight feel!

    ReplyDelete
  33. it's sound cute, the brand. It's neat :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. I've never used a BB cream but this sounds good :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. haven't seen this BB cream in stores :o all the brands out there are really making BB creams nowadays huh

    Laura x

    demure-porcelain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Never heard this brand before, I love the packaging.

    ReplyDelete
  37. From your swatch, the texture and consistency looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  38. There are so many BB creams nowadays that it's becoming increasingly difficult to choose one! I'm using Garnier too and I really like it although I think my next one will be from Dr Brandt because the color adjusts itself!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I saw this on sale at Target a while ago but I wasn't sure whether to buy it because I hadn't seen any reviews. Apart from the oiliness this product seems great, a lot better than other Western BB creams. Thanks for the great review!

    ReplyDelete
  40. i've never use this brand but it look so amazing

    ReplyDelete
  41. It looks nice, i never had bought the BB cream and this review seems great :p

    ReplyDelete
  42. I haven't heard of this brand before but... caviar extract, really? Weird ahah

    ReplyDelete
  43. havent heard of this brand but BB creams are great hype now a days:)

    ReplyDelete
  44. i have never tried a bb cream but i hope one day i will!

    ReplyDelete
  45. haven't heard about this bb cream but thanks for your review ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  46. nvr heard abt this product ..
    looks cute the packing

    ReplyDelete
  47. Awesome product. Great for the winters.

    ReplyDelete
  48. shame this isnt available in the uk

    ReplyDelete
  49. I've got the Garnier one. I recommend it to you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  50. i love bb cream, i don't have this but i have the bb cream garnier and i love it

    ReplyDelete
  51. I have never tried a BB cream yet, because I have the impresion is a product for younger fresher skins and I'm over 30 already!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Wow.. I want it...! :D nice review..

    ReplyDelete
  53. great review :) I will try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  54. thank you for demystifying this for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  55. Thankyou for reviewing this. I think that you are an amazing reviewer and I think that you should do some YouTube videos(: I think that with YouTube, you can review things more clearly and you wouldn't have to type it out, and just show us.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Thanks for the review, I haven't tried this before :0!

    ReplyDelete
  57. great BB cream! Thank you for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  58. I love BB creams, although I haven't tried any drugstore brands. I've tried Boscia's, Smashbox's, and I just got Skin79's recently. Skin79 is definitely my favorite, especially for winter! It is a Korean brand, and definitely the best quality I've tried!

    ReplyDelete
  59. The only bb cream I've tried is the Garnier, I don't think they sell that one in my country but if they did I would go running to get one!

    Lots of love!

    gorgeous&fearless

    ReplyDelete
  60. I've never heard of this brand before, but I really want to try some different bb creams to the ones I can get in my country: Maybelline, Garnier... I would really like to get some Asian ones or even this one but the oily feeling isn't something I want to experience

    ReplyDelete
  61. I think I' d prefer Garnier's BB cream bacause of the oilness of this one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  62. Try Skin79 BB cream. I think it's the best one I've tried so far. I'm a BB Cream addict and I've tried a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  63. I love BB creams too . I would love to try this

    ReplyDelete
  64. never tried this brand ...but it certainly looks appealing...should.try.soon. tq for the review :)

    ReplyDelete
  65. The coverage looks really good for being a BB cream!

    ReplyDelete
  66. I am a new fan BB cream too :D.
    It can make my face looks glowing. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  67. Very good review!I use Garnier BB cream.

    ReplyDelete
  68. I really like this BB cream -> it's probably only good for people with dry-normal skin types though. It has a nice flawless finish, doesn't feel greasy or heavy and sits very well as a primer under foundation. I put some on my eyelids prior to eye shadow and for the first time ever my eye shadow stayed put!
    Not even MAC prep and primer could do that, that's saying something!
    Oh and no break outs too!

    ReplyDelete
  69. I use a finishing powder to help with the excess oil. I use it with my all foundations as well. Works a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  70. My skin is a bit different to yours so I think that's why I liked it a bit more but I just reviewed this product too! It was interesting to hear your thoughts too - the Garnier stuff is too dark for me but the Chi Chi is perfect :)

    http://eleseaesthete.com/2014/03/17/review-chi-chi-super-bb-cream/

    ReplyDelete
  71. I loved this BB Cream so much xx
    http://missknightbeauty.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  72. Thanks for the review, it's great and in-depth! I love the Chi Chi flawless and fabulous foundation so I'm definitely keen to try out their BB now <3
    We did a review of some Chi Chi products on your blog, please check it out if you get the chance :) http://beautifulbedlamblog.com/?p=309

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!