2 Nov 2012

Review: LUSH Lip Scrub & Lip Tint

A couple of months ago I made a trip to Lush and picked up two lip products that I've been dying to test out for myself - Lip Scrub in Bubble Gum and Lip Tint in A Million Kisses. Both of these products have been overly raved about on both blogs and youtube, so obviously I wanted to see what all the hype is about. I'm terribly sorry to jump on the bandwagon so late and you need to read another blog post about these bad boys, but I definitely needed to share with you my opinions on these. 



So before I get into what my thoughts, let's see how Lush have described the Bubblegum Lip Scrub:

Our fabulous lip scrubs are here to keep your kissers sweet. This one will make your lips smell like our best-selling Snow Fairy shower gel. Bubblegum is made with exfoliating castor sugar and our delicious vegan flavour to gently scrub away rough skin, keeping your lips smooth and kissably soft. Simply rub it over your lips when they feel the need for some sugar.
This is definitely a 100% spot on description for me. Now if you've been reading my posts for a while now you will know I am unfortunately cursed with the constant attack of dry lips, on the bright side though this lip scrub is able to combat these attacks by allowing me to gently exfoliate my lips to make them soft and smooth. Oh and don't even get me started on the smell and taste - it is heavenly. The smell of the Bubble Lip Scrub has convinced me that I need to get my hands on the limited Christmas holiday Shower Gel in Snowfairy as they smell exactly a like and I definitely cannot wait to make another Lush trip for it!



For $9.99, I do think it's a little expensive for a lip scrub that is essentially just castor sugar with added colouring and flavouring - but the smell and flavouring certainly make up for the price tag. Also, I can see that this little jar of 25 grams will last right up until the expiry date which is October 2013. So if you think about it, $10 for a year is nothing at all! Oh and did I mention the taste and smell, haha? Just kidding, I think it's quite clear that I love this lip scrub. Can't wait to until the day I do finish this scrub so I'm able to try out the other flavours! 





Now for the A Million Kisses Lip Tint:
This lip tint is rosy red and scented with the same rose fragrance.  Lips will be left soft, supple, tinted a romantic hue and delicately scented of roses … all ready to give your beau a million kisses, or to receive them!  A Million Kisses can also be used as a cream blusher, to accentuate the cheekbones and give that coy, flushed glow.
As you can see from the description it says it will leave the lips soft and supple, now I don't know whether it's because of my dry prone lips but this definitely does not leave my lips soft and supple. If anything it highlights the cracks in my lips and possibly makes them worse. Fortunately, I did buy this lip tint with the lip scrub so it does make them appear delicate and smooth. One aspect I do love about this lip tint though is the long lasting formula and the pigmentation of this product. Because it is so pigmented, it does stain if you apply if with your fingers, so it's best to use this with a brush and besides you wouldn't want this all over your mouth ha!



I haven't tried this for a blush just yet, but I'm quite eager to see how well it does. I will certainly be using an extremely light hand when applying this and just hope for the best haha. The shade is beautifully eye catching when worn and smells lovely. I'm not a very big fan of rose scents, but I find this to not be overwhelming, but actually quite a lovely subtle rose smell. This gorgeous lip scrub retails for $9.99AUD and I will definitely be getting my hands on a few more shades! :)


Let me know your opinions of these products. Thank you for reading beautiful people, I hope you have an amazing day. XO


30 comments :

  1. Thank-you for this review!! I might get the lip scrub!!

    Come and visit my blog :)
    Sunshine & Rain

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was expecting the lip tint to be very sheer, but looking at your swatch I'm quite surprised! Will be adding this to my shopping list :DD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the bubblegum lip scrub but you've convinced me to get the lip tint!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the scrub is really a good one the lip tint looks so pretty ! <3 thnx for the review!
    XO,

    www.makeupbeautylounge.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had that lip scrub before!, but it can get pretty pricey so i started making my own at home ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the Mint Julips version of the lip scrub and I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love popcorn lip scrub and the it started with a kiss tint :D I love them both!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look amazing!! I have never tried cosmetics from Lush, I mostly only use their soaps. I need to start trying some!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks good ^^ i guess i can use sugar for scrub xD lip tint color is soo pretty!

    visit my blog ^^
    www.luchluchcraft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not crazy about the formula of the lip tints either, they always looked cakey on me. It's so unfortunate because the color of this one is so gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never tried lip scrubs before, but I'm tempted. c:

    The lip tint is so opaque! o: I was expecting more of a sheer color to it~

    ReplyDelete
  12. ohh, the lip scrub looks really interesting! thanks for sharing ^_~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lush has definitely stepped up their game! The tint is amazing - I will have to pick one up soon! And something from their Emotional Brilliance (is that it?) line :D
    Tagged you in my latest post btw! http://ms-americanpie.blogspot.hk/2012/11/liebster-award-poll.html xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've always wanted to buy the lip scrub but like you said, it's just sugar really! I tried DIYing a lip scrub and it worked :) The product is packaged so cutely though, who could resist! And wow the lip tint does look very pigmented, beautiful colour too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was always contemplating to getting those two lush products, I think you've just made up my mind now! The pigmentation of the lip tint is amazing, I also suffer from dry lips all the time :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. i actually dont find the lip scrub that great! i got the vanilla flavoured one and although it does taste amazinggg, it still doesnt get rid of the dry flakes i have, so yeah now it's just sitting pretty and collecting a little dust... :(

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's what I thought as well, but then I tried it 2-3 times in a row and it removed so much dead skin and made my lips feel so soft and smooth! You should try using it a couple times in a row. It works amazingly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Omg, that lip tint. It looks super cool and is such a sexy colour, hah! ^3^
    I haven't tried Lush products before; I always walk past and think 'Oh, I'll just get it next time.' but I never do... -.-
    But I've heard great things about the brand! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've only tried Lush's Celebrate Lip Tint, which I wasn't a big fan of. Too much work for it to look decent, and the colour payoff left much to be desired. But this one you have here looks stunning - what an intense berry red! Very festive :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. i love lip tints from lush! xx


    www.ajumpinmargaretslife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome review! I have the bubblegum scrub & to be honest I think it's way over the expiry date ewww its gone hard anyway so I'd better chuck it out! The tint looks really nice thats such a gorgeous colour and would look pretty as a blush too.. but I'd agree about a light hand! haha xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. aww i really love the lip tint! the shade is so pretty :) i'd definitely check it out when i visit my local Lush store. i've been wanting to try the lip scrub as well, it sounds so yummy. hehe. thanks for the great review hun! <3

    ReplyDelete
  23. i love the bubblegum lip scrub ! i use this everyday it's gentle and soft and leaves lips flawless before applying lipstick !

    xx Liyana
    http://LiyanasAdvice.blogspot.com
    PS : I'm having a MAC giveaway on my blog to celebrate my 1 month of blogging

    ReplyDelete
  24. Bought this item. quite expensive tho. but worth it ^_~

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for this post! I've been looking for a review on this specific product and now I'm very fascinated with the lip scrub I want to buy it now! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for the review :)
    I've heard so much hype about the Lush lip scrubs and their sugary goodness :P

    ReplyDelete
  27. The lip scrub looks so good it almost looks edible !

    ReplyDelete
  28. The lip tint is quite vibrant. The scrub looks yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. i love produts lush, but not yet tested any!

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!