23 Nov 2012

Review: Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream

After hearing a lot of fuss about Garnier's BB Creams in particular the 'normal' skin type one, I didn't really pay any attention nor did I feel the need to purchase it. However, when Garnier introduced their newer BB Cream for Oily & Combination skin I was a little intrigued. The tipping point for me was when one of my friends had told me she absolutely loved it and actually replaced her foundations with this BB Cream - I knew I needed to give it a go. 


Although the packaging of this BB cream is quite simple, I actually really love it. The tube packaging of Garnier's BB Cream makes it quick and easy to dispense product. You can also squeeze the life out of it when you're almost done so you're able to get the last drops of product out, unlike say plastic or glass bottled BB creams/foundations. The only slight problem I did have with this packaging is that the first time I unscrewed the lid, quite a lot of product came gushing out even though I did not squeeze the tube. I believe it was caused from all the product accumulated near the opening as it does stand top down. However, this was easily solved by simply storing the product with the opening facing up.


As you can see from the photo above, this BB Cream claims to do a lot of amazing stuff to your skin - mattify the skin, minimise appearance of pores and imperfections, improve skin's texture and give it a healthy glow etc. So how does it match up? Let's just say the Garnier's Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream has become one of my staple beauty items. I pretty much use this every other day when I head out of the house. I adore that the consistency of this is quite thin and liquidy, but is able to give you amazing coverage. It removes blemishes, evens out your complexion and glides onto the skin effortlessly. Another great thing about this BB Cream is that it doesn't settle into pores nor does it accentuate any imperfections you may have, such as dry spots. Oh and the coverage is very buildable, so with if you're needing that extra little coverage, applying another layer will make your skin look flawless. Because this is more oily/combination skin types, it does settle into a matte finish (which is every oily/combination person's dream!) and I found that I didn't need to powder my face as much compared with other BB creams/foundations. For me, this BB Cream will last up to 5 hours until I need to have a good powdering - which is excellent. 


If you couldn't tell already I am loving this product, but it does lack the moisturising effect that other BB Creams do encompass. I know a lot of people, as well as seeing many bloggers/youtubers, use their BB Creams for their moisturiser/face base, but I don't think this one would be appropriate for substituting those two steps, as I said it isn't very hydrating. I definitely consider this more of a light foundation than I do a BB Cream. Another little negative I have with this BB Cream is that it has a very strong chemical-like smell to it. It is a little overpowering for a few seconds but slowly fades away within 5 minutes or so - it's not that big of a problem, but I had to point it out.


This Oily/Combination BB Cream is available in two shades -light and medium - I purchased the medium shade, and surprisingly the colour match is quite close. I know BB creams are supposed to adapt to your skin tone once it's been blended out and had time to oxidise, but I don't think it changes that much. Right now, I think it is slightly too light for my complexion so I do need to bronze my face to wear it or use a darker finishing powder on top. I don't know if I will be able to wear this during summer (which is fast on it's way here in Australia, yay!) as I do tan quite easily, and the difference will be shocking. 

Overall, I am in love with the Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream and will be rocking it through the throughout the summer this year (YAY FOR SUMMER!). At only $13.99 and available pretty much anywhere in Australia (Target, Big W, Coles, Woolies, Priceline, K-Mart, EVERYWHERE!) this is a total steal. Oh and it is constantly on sale as well, so you can certainly get this bad boy for cheaper - I think I got mine for $10 or a little less. No words can explain how much I encourage you to try this out if you do have an oily/combination skin type, it will do you wonders. 

I have one more exam to go and then I'm finished with university for the year - which means holidays for 3 MONTHS!!!! Oh and on another note A LOT of giveaways will be coming up, so do keep an eye out for those! Thank you so much for reading and I hope you all have a fantastic weekend!

xo


31 comments :

  1. i've been wanting to try this! thanks alot for the review, you've encourage me more to try it since i always trust your judgement on beauty products :) need to pick this up when i hit the mall in the weekends. :)

    best of luck for your last exam! go get those A+'s hehe, and yayy oh my gosh, so excited for your 3 months vacay!! FUN =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this product too.
    I read a lot of reviews about this before i purchased it and a lot of them said the same thing about storing it with the lid facing up so I've been doing that as well.
    Great Review :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds good, I'll think about getting the one for normal skin when my current BB cream is finished.. on second thoughts I have another unused BB cream to use up :( But since the Garnier one is so popular I'll make it an exception :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard a little bit about this, then went out and bought it and I absolutely loved this as well! It leans more towards the foundation side, and I quite like that :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. this seems pretty nice!! thanks for sharing this =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I might just pick this up! i live in Asia but I really don't believe in the BB cream hype but after this review? I think I'll cave :D x

    ReplyDelete
  7. How amazing is it?! Holy grail <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it too :D it's so much better than the previous formula!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I quite like it too! However I don't really like how mattifying it is and it's still too dark for me (I'm in Light). Way better than it's original greasy-mess "BB" cream.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic review, you make me really want to try this. I have the other version and it makes me feel oily. I think I might give this one a go. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahh! Congrats on finishing (nearly) uni!!! I'm so happy for you.

    I've tried the BB Cream, but it's far too liquidy for me... I think I used it a grand total of once, and lost interest. Maybe I should give it another go... hmm...

    ReplyDelete
  12. An amazing review! This BB cream sounds amazing for those with oily/combination skin, I have dry skin so the Garnier's original BB cream is my match! I definitely agree with you with that the coverage is buildable which is great! The packaging for this BB cream looks much better than the original though :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. the packaging is really cute!

    visit my blog ^^
    www.luchluchcraft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I bought the normal skin version of this a while ago and hated it, so I'm really glad they've made a better version! I might have to pick it up!:)xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great review, sounds like such a good product!

    sophie-said.blogspot.co.uk

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. BB cream! i got some in korean last summer while i was there. i'm so sad that i ran out! thank you for doing this review :)

    happyleeliving.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really want to try this one out, I think it's much more promising than the original one in a fatter tube. I hated the smell of that one - it put me off buying it completely. I think this would be great for summer, especially if you want lighter coverage (even though it's buildable). It seems like it works well for oily/combination skin too :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've tried the normal one for normal skin and that had absolutely no oil control on me, this one seems pretty promising though. Great review!

    I'm new to blogging, give me a visit?
    http://makeupandmockmeat.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  19. I use it every day and it's a nice tinted moisturizer... I like it cause it doesn't clog my pores or break me out ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. i love this bb cream, but for some reason its quite expensive here, where i lived, usually garnier here are super cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I used this all summer this year and I really liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. i like bb cream and garnier products are cheap!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I absolutly love my BB cream :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. i have this too! :D the one thing i dont really like about it is how the packaging is really weird, and if you accidentally nudge it, alot of product would just come out :/ dont know if its just me though!
    great review :D

    ReplyDelete
  25. garnier products are good thnx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  26. it sounds good. wanna try it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I can't wait till this is finally available in the country I live :)!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I hear so many good things about this BB cream, it makes me what it run out and purchase some. There are so many on the market, it makes choosing one, very difficult. Glad you really like it :)

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!