29 Nov 2012

NOTD: Essie Meet Me At Sunset & Haute As Hello + Nail Dotting Tools!

Although I'm usually not the type to experiment with nail art tools and what not, after seeing Kat's post on nail dotting tools I knew I had to get them! For only a measly $1 from ebay, these dotting tools are excellent for making regular manicures into works of art. As you know from my previous NOTD posts, I am not that very creative when it comes to nail art, but I do love, love, love my accent nails! So of course, I created a simple spotted accent nail.


Using Essie's Meet Me At Sunset for my main nail colour and Haute As Hello for the nail art colour, I created vibrant, fun summery nails. Despite the horrible weather in Sydney recently I wanted to lift my mood and add a pop of colour to my outfits - and nothings lifts your mood like an electrifying deep orange shade!


For the dotting tools, the $1 set came with 5 different pens - each with two different sized points. For this look, I used the larger ball on the green pen (which is pictured above). I think these are actually very versatile products as you not only can create many different sized dots, but you can also use them to create other shapes and lines. Additionally, because some of the pens do have quite tiny points you can be extremely precise with your drawings. For only a $1 these are certainly a major steal - so I definitely would encourage you to head over to ebay and snatch up a set! (just type in 'nail dotting tools' and it should come up)



Hope you enjoyed this quick NOTD post and let me know how you like to decorate your nails! 

xo



42 comments :

  1. Love the nail combo! I jumped on eBay straight away and purchased the dotting pens - such a bargain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! They are an amazing steal - for $1 you just cannot say no! :) x

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks - Essie polishes are the best! x

      Delete
  3. Great colour combo! Lovely mani :) I need to get some dotting tools stat!

    gl0ssi.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both of these colors and the polkadot accent nail is so cute! Great job :)

    xx Ellie
    www.ellalogy.com 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I wish I was more creative with my nail art - I only ever have accent nails! Haha. x

      Delete
  5. That's adorable! Where did you buy your dotting tools? Off the internet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I purchased them from Ebay! Just go to ebay and look up dotting tools - it should come up :) x

      Delete
  6. Ooh i just grabbed the dotting tools, thanks for posting about them!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The mini Essie polish I so cute!! Love the combination :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm Addicted to essie nail polishes they are so adorable. I'm very bad at nail art but these dotting pens look amzing & easy to use I'm going to buy some.
    thanks for this post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I suck at nail art as well so hopefully these will help inspire me to be more creative! x

      Delete
  9. Thanks! I just bought these! They look brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just got the nail dotting tools, thanks for the heads up!

    I really love both those colours.

    ReplyDelete
  11. the colour is so beautiful!! love the richness so it, so sexy :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute mani! I got some cheap dotting tools ages ago but haven't really used them, May have to dig them out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love! Dig out those dotting tools! :)

      Delete
  13. That's such a vibrant, fire engine red. The dots are adorable as well :) I'm boring with my manis - I rarely do anything involving tools, but I do want to try dotting and sponging eventually!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty boring as well - this is why I got the dotting tools! haha - hopefully I will be more creative now. x

      Delete
  14. These Essie shades are lovely, love the Haute as Hello shade. The dotting tools are such a bargain! I've never done accent nails before but it might be something i might do since it is the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - definitely get into the festive spirit! :) x

      Delete
  15. gorgeous colour!

    http://sindy-ng.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. I find that my nails look strange to my eyes when I put polkadots on them so I've never tried but I think I'll try again :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh this nails are adorable. My name is Joana and in Portugal, my country, the diminutive of my name means ladybug in english. So I think this nails are the perfect ones for I do.

    kisses =^,^=

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh this nails are adorable. My name is Joana and in Portugal, my country, the diminutive of my name means ladybug in english. So I think this nails are the perfect ones for I do.

    kisses =^,^=

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very pretty color combination. It would be great for this upcoming Valentine's Day :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. That colour is a really nice red, like a cherry tomato kind of red :)
    And I love polka dots, hehe, it's such an easy way to make plain colours fun!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love that Haute as halo colour! So candy and fresh! :)

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!