20 Oct 2012

Soap & Glory: The Breakfast Scrub

After much prolonged hype of Soap & Glory's Breakfast Scrub I decided to give in and try it out. I like to experiment with new scrubs (or any facial products in general) as I'm still on the search for skincare products that are perfect for me. So far, the scrub I live by and alway repurchase is St Ives' Apricot Scrub (aprox. $10AUD) - no other scrubs I've tried can compare to that one.. or so I thought.



Soap & Glory products have been the talk of the town for quite some time now. Although I got to admit before I started watching youtube beauty gurus (probably 2 years ago now), I have no clue what S&G was. Mostly due to the fact that it wasn't an Australian brand and I wasn't an avid beauty lover like now. But I'm glad that I did end up discovering S&G products has they very much do live up to the hype. 


It's no surprise that one of the main reasons why people love S&G products is for the smell. I was a little disbelieving that skincare and make-up products could smell that amazing, so I absolutely flabbergasted when I first took a whiff of the Breakfast Scrub (and all of the products) in store. The scent is truly amazing - I don't think I'm even kidding when I say that you would be able to lure children into a dungeon with this scent. Okay, that was too far and uncalled for, but you know what I mean - this smells delectable! I find myself wanting to eat this every time I unscrew the lid haha!


As you can see from the photos above (instructions and ingredients) this is jam packed with all things good for your skin, including shea butter, honey almond and banana extracts, golden sugar, oatmeal and maple fragrance. All these ingredients combined definitely buffs into the skin effectively. Although it is quite efficient, it is surprisingly soft and gentle when applying and leaves the skin baby bottom smooth.



This truly is an amazing scrub, not only does it relieve your skin of dead skin cells etc etc it smells marvellous! Also, remember you don't have to restrict it's use to only on the face, it works perfectly well on other areas (arms, legs, chest, feet, bum - okay now I'm just being silly haha). 


This whooping tub is 300mL which is quite decent for the price ($18AUD) and will last for the longest time! You really only need a tiny mini scoopful size (for the face) to get the job done, so I can see myself really getting a good use out of this!



So how does this compare to my current all-time-favourite St Ives scrub? I have to admit, I think I may slightly like my St Ives scrub better. If I have to choose on smell and packaging and all that fancy stuff I would hands down choose S&G, but for the actual product itself I would choose St Ives. It might only be just me, but I find that St Ives is a little more efficient when it comes to exfoliating (a little more rougher, which is what I like). I guess you could say S&G's Breakfast Scrub is the amazingly good-looking one-night-stand guy, whereas St Ives is the decent looking guy-I'm-going-to-marry type. Haha, do you like my analogy? Anyways, I would definitely repurchase this once I finish off this tub and my St Ives Apricot Scrub and I definitely recommend this to you if you haven't tried it already. Thanks for reading, hope you all have a wonderful weekend :)


What are your opinions on The Breakfast Scrub?

xo


38 comments :

  1. I want to pick this up! I smelled it in Kit and it was so delicious I could have honestly eaten it XD
    I mostly exfoliate my chest where I get acne stype stuffs rather than my face so this sounds perfect :D
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the smell is indescribable! Everything from S&G smell amazing :D xx

      Delete
  2. I've been wanting to pick this up for aaages!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You certainly need this in your collection - you won't be disappointed! :D xx

      Delete
  3. Oh it just smells sooooooooooooooo nice! Great review x

    brutalfashionandbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The smell is incredible! One of the best features of the product :) xx

      Delete

  4. Very pretty and classy, love the look :)
    I follow you now!
    Follow me back on facebook ,twitter,and GFC
    love you dear :)

    Marcchanelette.blogspot.com
    Marcchanel'ette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo gotta try it! :)

    www.cutedumpling.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this scrub <3

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the definitely one of the best :) xx

      Delete
  7. I have the flake away scrub and it's amazing too! xx

    www.ajumpinmargaretslife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, I haven't tried that one. It's going to be next on my list! :) xx

      Delete
  8. I've been obsessed with S&G lately. Same here, before my S&G scrub I had been using St. Ives for ages. The scent can surely lure children into creepy places. ;) It's phenomenal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I'm glad you feel the same way! :D

      Delete
  9. yup, i'm definitely sold because of the packaging! hehe. this product looks amazing, hopefully i can find that somewhere here, i'd love to try it. i've seen alot of post about this too :) thanks alot for sharing <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soap and Glory are a part of Kit Cosmetics! So if you find a Kit Cosmetics retailer (most probably major department stores) then you will find S&G products :)

      xx

      Delete
  10. I've used the flake away and I'm kind off hesitant about this
    it smells great
    but how well does it work for the body?

    myobsession-l.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not as great as actual body exfoliators, but it does do the job. It makes the skin nice and soft and removes dead skin excellently.

      Delete
  11. The price seems very reasonable for such a large amount of product, and I'm looking forward to being able to smell it one day if I ever do buy it hehe :) I use St Ives Apricot Scrub as part of my regular routine and I don't know how I did without it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha you really need to give it a whiff, you'll instantly fall in love! xx

      Delete
  12. I love soap & glory products because I find their packaging really cute and nice! ^_~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree, I love the packaging and the product itself are great quality :)

      Delete
  13. I love the Hand Food by Soap & Glory, it smells incredible! I was wondering where you brought this and what store?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have Hand Food as well and it does wonders! S&G products are available through Kit Cosmetics, which is distributed in Myer in Australia. :)

      Delete
  14. I bought this a couple of weeks ago and am addicted! It smells soooo delicious and is just the right consistency. I hadn't thought to use it on the face, but love using it on my body :)

    Shell xx
    lovefromshell.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Either way, whether it's face or body it's amazing! :D xx

      Delete
  15. Oh Soap and Glory, how I love thee!! I wish they tasted as nice as they smelt...which they don't unfortunately... believe me, I've tried.... well that made me sound like a weirdo! Meh, they shouldn't smell so good then!
    xxxxx

    http://segenswunsche.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHAHA! This comment made my day! I'm not game enough to taste test it!

      Delete
  16. This is my favourite product but far!! I love it and it soo good on your body! :)
    LaceyLoves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! I think this has become my new favourite body exfoliator :D

      Delete
  17. Been wanting to try this for the longest time and I mean LONG LONG time. will pick it up tomorrow as Soap and Glory products are part of the 3 for 2 offer in Boots. I'll be picking up the Heel Genius foot cream and Hand Food hand cream aswell. SO excited :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aww, so lucky there's such amazing offers on S&G products available in the UK. I wish there was a 3 for 2 S&G products here in Australia!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I haven't tried this yet, but all other products from this brand that I have tried have been absolutely amazing! So I need to get this too :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. huaa I love the packaging.. >.< want to try it..

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ohh I really want to try this one, I love their Flake Away Scrub! Great Review Hun :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this but have been to scared to get it in early morning rushes it might be too tempting to eat it hehe !

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!