8 Oct 2012

Review + Swatches: MUA Baked Eyeshadow Trios in Passion & Pink Sorbet

Continuing with my MUA product reviews, next up is the adorable eyeshadow trios! I purchased two from my haul over a month ago, and I really wish I had picked up a few more. These are definitely a bang for your buck and a must have in your make-up collection! The two trios I purchased were Passion and Pink Sorbet. These trios contain baked eyeshadows, which intrigued me as I haven't experimented with many baked products before. But after trying these I'm hooked!


As with most of the other products offered by MUA, the trio eyeshadows are encased in black and transparent case, which I find to be a very sleek design. Although it is plastic, it is quite durable as I have dropped these a few times and it has yet to shatter. I find that all MUA products have quite durable packaging considering the price. The size of the trio is perfect - it is definitely compact enough to fit into your everyday make-up bag or travelling long distances. The only thing I don't like about the packaging is that it does get quite messy. Oh and I also wish MUA products would include a mirror, it would be so convenient for travelling! But for the price, which is a measly £2.50 (approx $3.75AUD), you cannot complain!  


Passion

Moving onto formula, the baked trios do differ quite a lot from the regular MUA eyeshadow formulas (single & palette form). I find that the shadows itself are more 'hard' and 'firm' to touch whereas when swatching or applying the regular shadows are they much more soft and delicate. With that being said, the baked eyeshadows do have extraordinary pigmentation and application is amazing. Even with the lightest hand, the colour payoff is beautiful, which is always a bonus. Both trios I purchased have minimum fall out even though they are so pigmented and all shades compliment each other perfectly to create the perfect look.

Pink Sorbet

Both Passion and Pink Sorbet have metallic finishes to them. Being a big lover of mattes, I would say that even though the finishes are metallic, they are not overly shimmery/glittery to intimidate you. So it is the perfect amount of shimmer. I found that without using a primer, these baked shadows are able to last up to 4-5 hours before creasing/losing colour etc on my oily eyelids. Of course, if you do use a primer they are able to last ALL DAY (right up until you remove it at the end of the night) without any hassles.


The baked eyeshadow trios also come with a duo ended sponge applicator. I'm not quite fond of sponge applicators, but I do find that they come in handy when you're on the go or to add a highlight shade in your inner corners.


Overall, I absolutely LOVE these eyeshadow trios and definitely cannot wait to get my hands on more! They're amazing, amazing, amazing quality for only £2.50 and have a great variety of shade collections to choose from!



Thanks for reading and I hope you have a magnificent day! xo

28 comments :

  1. Pink Sorbet looks so much like one of the Bourjois trios at a fraction of the price :) these look like fantastic quality! What a great find.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh they do too! I'm so glad I decided to purchase them :)

      Delete
  2. Pink sorbet looks so pretty. I love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look brilliant! I'm definitely going to purchase a few of these xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Highly recommend you do! So cheap and great quality :)

      Delete
  4. Passion looks amazing!!

    www.rebekasbeautyworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Purple eyeshadows are the best! :D

      Delete
  5. I have this in Pink Sorbet and I do really love the colours but the wear time for me hasn't been amazing (maybe around 5 hours) :( x

    www.onelittlevice.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they last 4-5 hours on my eyes without a primer. Have you used these with a primer yet?

      Delete
  6. I love passion! Great swatches :)

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely. Passion is gorgeoussssss!

      Delete
  7. woww those swatches look amazing! where did you buy these?

    Laura x

    demure-porcelain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I purchased them off the MUA website. But I bought them when they had a promotion on :)

      Delete
  8. aww.. you always get the best shades, i'm really jealous. lol. I'm definitely going to pick these up on my next MUA order, they're soooo pigmented. LOVE <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry, I'm going to be buying tons more when MUA have their next promotion ;)

      Delete
  9. Wow they are sooo pigmented! :O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was quite surprised as well, but I'm so glad they are. Must get my hands on some more now! :)

      Delete
  10. I've always wondered about these when I see them in the shop, but someone has nabbed the tester displays in my Superdrug. They look really good from the swatches you've done!

    Lauren
    pinkforflamingos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're amazing! Definitely recommend you trying them out - they're so affordable as well :)

      Delete
  11. The swatches are so pigmented and the colours are beautiful! And for such a great price too. Thanks for the review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - it's definitely a steal. Thanks :)

      Delete
  12. These are lovely! I've been using MUA for a few months and adore the brand!
    I did a massive MUA haul the other day and I cannot wait for everything to get here :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Passion looks good :D Probably because i love purple color :P

    ReplyDelete
  14. such great colours I love these :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Purple eyeshadow..XD so cute and pigmented..

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow.. Nica pigmented here... I love the purple.. XD

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!