14 Sep 2012

Review + Swatches: Glamour Doll Eyes Loose Eyeshadows

About a week ago before I started my make-up ban I decided to purchase and experiment with a few loose eyeshadows/pigments from an Indie Cosmetic company called Glamour Doll Eyes. I had heard a few raves about their products (especially from shaaanxo a NZ YouTuber) so I knew they were worth trying. Most of their products are quite affordable - for loose eyeshadows you can purchase sample bags with 0.5 grams of product for $1.25, a sample jar with 1gram for $2.50 and full size jars 2/2.5grams with for $6!


I absolutely love the fun, edgy and unique packaging of the loose eyeshadows and the pamphlets that you receive with your order. The shipping is also quite fast considering I live in Australia - it only took a week! I also think it was free shipping as well because I spent over a certain amount ($40 I think) which is an added bonus.


Most of the shadows I did end up choosing were shimmery or glittery, which I didn't plan at all, but I'm glad I did grab mostly glitters as they are gorgeous! There is an amazing range of colours available as well as mattes/glitters/shimmers. 



Candy Floss is a bright pink with purple sparkle and a light purple undertone.
Brown Eyed Girl is an extremely shimmery brown with hints of purple undertones. 
Stellar is a very unique blend of matte and shimmer. This color includes a matte black mixed 
with a shimmery pink and purple. 

Again, likewise with other eyeshadows, the darker colors are more pigmented than the lighter ones. However, you can always make the lighter shades 'pop' using the right base/eyelid primer. Oh and I also wanted to mention that the colour of the eyeshadows in these pictures is slightly off as the lighting in my room was a little dodgy. I did upload the the closest to their true colour though!




Prankster is metallic-ish brown with red and gold shimmers
Veteran is a shimmery dark navy blue with lots of red sparkle.
Masquerade is very unique blend of black and pink. When using this color dry, 
the main colour is black with some pink shimmer on the edges, but when used wet, the 
color turns more of a pink/purple/black metallic colour.

Also, as you can see from the photos, I did purchase 3 full sized jars with sifters and 6 without. I really wish I had gotten all of them with no sifters though as I find it a little more hassle to work with than the jars with no sifters. Additionally, the jars with sifters do come with less product - if you purchase a 2-2.5grams full sized jar with a sifter you may only received 1.5-2grams worth of product. 




He Loves Me Not is a neutral beige with some warm rose undertones. 
Aqua Foil is a turquoise color with a hint of gorgeous gold!
Bruised! is a darkened purple with black undertones and gorgeous aqua sparkle.

Initially I thought I would blow through these tiny jars within 3-4 uses, but after testing them out, I can see that they can last a long, long, long time. I know this may sound a little cliché but I'm being serious when I say "a little goes a long way". These little jars of heaven are so pigmented that you only need the tiniest amount to give you amazing colour payoff! I also want to add that each shade has hidden reflexes, tones, and shifts of colour in different lighting that are truly gorgeous and indescribable. Ahhh I just love glitter shadows!




Along with the 9 that I purchased, I also received two samples along with my purchase which I didn't even know about. It might have said something about free samples with purchases, but I guess I didn't see it as I was too caught up with all the pretty colours haha. 





My Belle is a mix between orange and a reddish pink color, then has a twist of deep gold specks.
Calypso is a deepened teal with purple and gold sparkle.

So overall, as much as I love the pigmentation and longevity of these loose eyeshadows, I did notice that a few of the glitters eyeshadows did loose their sparkle after a little wear. So although the colour would stay put on the eyelid the glitters would simply fall away - which kind of sucks because if you're going for a glittery look you don't want to be left with matte eyes. But other than that, I would love to grab a few more of their eyeshadows as they're quite easy to work with and there really is a lovely selection of shades. Oh and if you're interested on getting your hands on a few of these - even if it's the free samples - you can head over to the website here

Let me know if you've tried any Glamour Doll Eyes products before and what you think about them. Or if you haven't before, would you give them a go? :)


xo

20 comments :

  1. I've never heard of this brand, but what gorgeous loose shadows!

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. all GDE's loose shadows are AMAZING! Definitely check out their website :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, these are some really unique shades. I love Masquerade and Buised!

    http://abundanceoferica.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! :) They're so pigmented!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW I am dying over that first dark pink-purple & the 2nd blue! I think I will need to place an order verrry soon haha. thanks for the swatches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I need to place ANOTHER order ;) The shades are all so beautiful!

      Delete
  5. never heard of this brand but wow those are so pigmented!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never heard of this brand but will check them out! They're so pigmented and beautiful colors <3


    megahnnx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. GDE are amazing! I have to pick up some of their stuff and Sugarpill's soon!! Going to beg for some for the birthday in April haha :D xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to try Sugarpill products! Hopefully soon when I finish my spending ban ;) haha

      Delete
  8. i saw this from Shannon too :) and gosh, i forgot how pigmented they are, i really love the colours you picked out! i always want to buy more make-up whenever i read your posts, haha :) love them!! XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA! I don't know whether that's a good or bad thing! Thanks lovely :)

      Delete
  9. The colours are stunning and the packaging is really cute!!!

    Liz
    chewylove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The packaging is absolutely ADORABLE! Definitely the most original I've seen :)

      Delete
  10. Oooh those are some nice brights!! Love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. never heard of them before, the colors look really awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. whoaa. the veteran color is coolllll..~ very cute.. >>.<< I want it.. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are so strongly pigmented! Love it. :3

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never heard of this brand. I like it!

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!