10 Aug 2012

Review: Sávar Luxury Face Wash & Essential Hydration Moisturiser

No matter which way you look at it, your skin plays a significant role in your everyday life. Therefore, it’s important to not only buy an obscene amount of make-up to cover up your skin, but taking the time to actually take care of your skin. By keeping your skin healthy and clean, it helps to prevent and avoid damaged skin in the future, wrinkles, acne etc.

Sávar is a skincare company who have a strong passion to use the best natural and organic ingredients to craft their premium range of skincare that caters for all skin types. Based in New Zealand, Sávar provides a wide range of products that are specifically crafted to help protect and nourish skin. 



Sávar Luxury Face Wash & Essential Hydration Moisturiser


A little over a month ago, I started to try two products from the Sávar Skincare range - the Luxury Face Wash & Essential Hydration Moisturiser. I have been postponing to blog and share with you my thoughts about these products for the longest time, as I wanted to really try these products out and see how they reacted to my skin. It's been 6 weeks now, and I've finally confident enough to post my review.

Essential Hydration Moisturiser for oily/combo skin $46AUD

The Essential Hydration Moisturiser for combination/oily skin is described to be "a light and gentle moisturiser that clarifies, helps control shine and restores balance leaving your skin feeling fresh and refined".  Over the past 6 weeks of using this moisturiser, I have noticed a lovely difference in my skin. Although I do have combination/oily skin, I tend to get a little dry in a few places - so when I read the description about this moisturiser I was overjoyed. Not only does this moisturiser help to make your skin feel like a baby's bottom, it also helps to control oily skin. I have been using this moisturiser everyday since I've received it and my skin has never felt softer. For the oil control component of this moisturiser, I find that my skin still does get a little oily throughout the day, but it isn't as noticeable as it was before. Prior to using this moisturiser, I would be powdering my face 2 - 3 times throughout the day, more if I was work, however now I find myself only touching up my make-up once a day. As some of you may know, I recently went on a holiday to Fiji, I brought this moisturiser with me, and even through the hot and humid weather of Fiji, my skin felt fabulously fresh as the formulation is light and non-greasy. I am definitely impressed with this moisturiser.


Just as it states on the description, the Essential Hydration Moisturiser does instantly absorbs into the skin and leaves a soft, silky and somewhat glowing skin. The packaging looks very sleek and stylish - but I do find the labels on the bottle get dirty quite easily. The main problem I have with this packaging is that, although I love any type of bottle with a pump as it's much more hygienic, the pump sometimes deposits too much product out, leaving you wasting the product. For me, I like to use one standard pump of the moisturiser, more than that I have excess product left over. But other than that, I find that packaging very convenient and aesthetically pleasing to the eye. Overall, I can confidently say that this is one of my favourite moisturisers that I've tried so far and I would definitely purchase another bottle when I have finished the one I already have. 



Luxury Face wash - $39AUD

Next up is the Sávar Luxury Face Wash. I was quite excited to use this as the description just sounds amazing. First things first, this face wash smells disgusting - the scent reminds me of ginger which is not very pleasant. That being said, the formulation and results given by this face wash is quite lovely. My face feels silky smooth and fresh after using it, and it also helps to remove most of my leftover make-up that I wasn't able to remove with a make-up remover wipe.


One of the best aspects of the Sávar Luxury Face Wash is the amazing cooling affect it has on your skin. I love, love, love when face washes give your skin a fresh, cooling finish when you rinse off the product, because it makes me feel as though, it truly has cleansed, tighten my pores and removed all impurities on my face. So, other than the smell, this is definitely an astounding face wash. It is also important to note that the smell is largely due to the ingredients in the face wash which is all organic products, which is used for:


New Zealand lace bark extract- which is soothing, calming and protecting
Cucumber extract- which is cooling, hydrating and toning
Lemon fruit extract- a fabulous extract that softens, cleanses and brightens

This definitely illustrates why my skin reacts to this face wash the way it does! If you love trying out different skin care products or looking to change up your skin care routine, I highly recommend the Sávar product range. You can always, email or get in contact with them, if you're unsure what type of products would be suitable for your skin - they really are lovely and kind people! Also, there is an amazing range of body products, as well as face and body products for men! 

For more information, head over to the Sávar website, or like/join their Pinterest and Facebook Page.

Please let me know what you think about these products! Hope you're all having a beautiful day! xo


Disclaimer: These items were sent to me for a review. All opinions are my own and are 100% unbiased. 


12 comments :

  1. Ah they sounds like great products! I definitely need to take better care of my skin, I'll look into these ones!

    Love, Elizabeth xx

    http://butterflyboo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am from New Zealand and its always nice to buy kiwi made, will have to give these a try. You always have really lovely reviews :)
    Anna

    http://opshopaholic.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I searched for the ingredients list and, though it has some acne friendly ingredient, a couple are bad for acne and feed it so... I'm sad cause I wanted to try it but I don't think it's a good idea for me :s

    Loved the review though :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice review! These look like really nice products, and I absolutely adore good skin products :)

    http://reveriebelle.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  5. The ingredients sound wonderful! I will put this product on my wish list:)
    http://www.opinionatedaboutopi.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  6. these look interesting
    must have a look for them
    :-)
    Caroline


    www.girlygirlvsworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for the review!


    xx, rebecca
    awayinparadise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi dear!
    I love so much you're blog <3, I follow u.
    My name in GFC is: sexy_paige_cucu.

    Hope u follow back :) :)

    A lot of kisses, honey.
    http://zapatodetacon.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  9. The packaging is also very pretty and classy.



    www.trustme-itsparadise.blogspot.com
    www.renegadeloverrr.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was really interested by the moisturizer so I dug a little deeper and realised the ingredient I was worried about exists on a face mask of mine and never gave me any problems, I was so happy! :) I will definitely order one myself to try! Thank you loads! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. They sounds great, never heard of this brand before

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love seeing differen brands that we can't get here in the UK
    xx

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!