19 Aug 2012

NOTD: OPI Sweet Heart & Essie A cut Above

So the other day I felt like changing up my nail polish routine and opt for a subtle colour instead of the brights/pastels I've been wearing recently. OPI's Sweet Heart was just the colour I was looking forward to wearing. 



Unfortunately, it does take 3 coats to make the colour opaque and being the impatient person I usually am, I decided to take a shower about 10 mins after applying the 3rd coat. Needless to say, my freshly painted nails had scratches all over them. But because I felt like I had put too much time and effort into painting my nails to just remove the varnish straight away, I decided to paint Essie's A Cut Above (Luxe Effect Collection) on top in a diagonal design. 



It was definitely a simple task, with just using a little bit of sticky tape, and takes minutes to do! I absolutely love how my nails turned out, and I will definitely be trying this design out in different shades and glitters. Oh and excuse the messy hangnails, took these photos before I made them neat and clean!


Have you tried this design before? Hope you're having a fantastic day! :)
xo

29 comments :

  1. This looks really pretty, I love the design x

    http://Heidi-likes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty nail combo! I love that you out A Cut Above on an angle, it's so unexpected and pretty :)

    Amy xo
    www.theprettyvain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! :)

    www.cutedumpling.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. great combo! :)

    xo
    naty
    aloveaffairwithfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the essie polish it's a-dorable love, your nails look so sheik thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love both of these nail polishes and I love how you paired them, the glitter polish is so eye catching in the way you have layered it over the OPI polish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't seen the Essie glitter polishes before, it's amazing!xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks pretty! love the glitter ^^

    ReplyDelete
  9. these polishes really compliment each other! xxx
    Zoe Lianne

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty, those nail polishes look gorgeous together!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks so gorgeous! I've never tried anything too adventurous with my nails, but I love the diagonal you did here :)
    http://cofcorals.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have been dying to try this look! thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great look! I love the colors!

    kassicalife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the sparkly essie!


    <3 Kelly
    SavvySelections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. So simple & pretty, love it! :)

    Leanne @ MakeUp Blast

    ReplyDelete
  16. OPI has so many cute pastel pinks! I'm eyeing Malaysian Mist!
    Love your nails, its a great combination!
    http://the-bellepoque.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your blog. I found it completely by accident so glad I did :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I swear by Essie's quick dry top coat! Even after 3 coats of OPI it's good to go in less than 5 minutes, definitely worth a look! I'm your newest follower, I'd love you to follow back!
    www.lessonlifelove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. it looks very cute who wouldn't want glitter in their nails? :)

    http://thefabulosa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. The base color is so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow.. I love glittery colour,... :3

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!