9 Aug 2012

NOTD: Essie Absolutely Shore & Van D'Go

As some of you may know, Essie polishes have finally made their arrival in Australia! After waiting for the longest time to buy Essie polishes in stores, my dreams have finally come true. I've seen several places stock these little bottles of joy such as Myer and David Jones, but these two stores are extremelyyy expensive, retailing at the $19 mark. Fortunately there is another store that sells them for than half ($6) - Cosmetics Fragrance Direct! I did a little haul post on some goodies that I had purchased from CFD (can be viewed here), it is one of my favourite places for cosmetics, perfumes and other bits and bobs as it's extremely cheap! Anyways, enough of this pointless story, onto the photos:




Without a doubt, Essie polishes are one of the best nail varnishes. The consistency is amazing and is extremely easy to apply. I did question whether these two polishes, as they are quite light shades, would  take a long time to build up the colour. To my surprise, Van D'GO only took 2 coats and Absolutely Shore only took 3 coats. So I'm very impressed with the opaqueness - but I didn't expect anything less from these polishes. If you're from Australia, I highly recommend you check out your nearest CFD store, so you can snatch up a few bargains for yourself! You and see the store locator on their website here. Hope you're all having a fun filled week!

xo

26 comments :

  1. Ahh essie nailpolishes are such good quality!
    Love absolutely shore - the colour looks great ^^ xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty colors! :) i wish i paint my nails more often. hehe.

    xxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Absolutely Shore is absolutely gorgeous!

    themodmermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have both of these, but I've never thought to wear them together. It's a pretty combination!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both colors!! :)

    www.cutedumpling.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, gorgeous colors! I need these :D
    Thanks for commenting on my blog as well sweetie, following back :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to get myself to a Cosmetics Fragrance Direct! I think I have visited the one in the city where I live but I've never seen Essie polishes there. These are pretty much my favourite 2 shades that I've seen featured on blogs - gorgeous colours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how these 2 colors go together =)

    XO, adropofbliss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely those colours looks great together!

    new giveaway!
    natalie
    http://lucyandtherunaways.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty nails! I've never tried Essie nail polish before but I will definitely pick some up next time I'm at a CFD after reading this post :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a pretty colour combination! I've been lusting after Absolutely Shore for ages and now Van D'Go is on the list too :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. These two colours are beautiful! I love Absolutely shore and Van D'go is a cute name :)
    Love the way you've painted your nails
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the colours!

    Fiona x
    www.toxicdiamonds.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I must've been living under a rock all this time to not notice such a shop existed! Thanks for posting about it :)

    http://blog.dawnelia.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. In love with those two pastel shades:)
    Pretty!

    Shubhi's Revels!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Van D'go is one of my favourite Essie colours! I love the look of Absolutely Shore as well!

    xo Courtney from StrawberreeSwing.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just found your blog and am hooked! Loving the pinky colour :) x x

    ReplyDelete
  18. omgg awesome! those department stores are really a rip off! ive never heard of this store before though =( i hope they have it where i live!! thanks for letting us know =D

    Laura x

    demure-porcelain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love Essie polishes, these shades look pretty! x

    http://wewereraisedbywolves.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  20. The colours look really great together.

    http://reisovamichaela.blogspot.cz/

    ReplyDelete
  21. These colour are super pretty!
    They look great with each other! :)

    Natasha Carly x
    http://prettylittlelives.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such pretty shades! I keep meaning to try Essie nail varnishes, still haven't though! Fab blog :)
    Helen xx
    http://neverquiteelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. love the natural colours and finish! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  24. Another great combination!

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!