11 Jul 2012

Review: L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadows

I finally got my hands on a few L'Oreal Infallible eyeshadows and I cannot believe I waited this long to try them! It's not a secret that the Infallible eyeshadows are of amazing quality, but I did not believe they could be this impressive. I had always wanted to try these eyeshadows, but they're just so damn expensive here in Australia retailing around $20 each! But after browsing through eBay (surprise surprise) I find an amazing deal where I could grab 6 eyeshadows plus postage and shipping for only $30! I could not pass up such a fantastic deal!

(Clockwise) Coconut Shake, Bronze Divine, Endless Chocolate, 
Burning Black, Pebble Grey & Blue Curacao


I find that the packaging is similar to the Maybelline Colour Tattoos in regards to the logo/label of the brand is at the 'bottom' of the jar but can be conveniently be displayed upside down to showcase the shade of colour. Which I think looks quite attractive.


The infallible eyeshadows also includes a topper which helps the eyeshadows to stay in place and I think it also helps to keep them from drying out over time. A lovely feature to have for these eyeshadows.


When choosing which eyeshadows to purchase, I stuck with neutrals more, as I do like to wear neutral shades more than brights. However, I did purchase Blue Curacao just to brighten things up! My favourite of the 6 eyeshadows I purchased has to be burning black.  To me, the shade consists of a dark burgundy/purple colour with hints of black. 


(Clockwise) Coconut Shake, Bronze Divine, Endless Chocolate, 
Burning Black, Pebble Grey & Blue Curacao

Ultimately, I find these eyeshadows to be super smooth and incredibly pigmented. The Infallible eyeshadows have a great range of shades including neutrals and brights and they are definitely very long lasting. However, in saying this I don't think I will purchase anymore of these eyeshadows for the full retail price of $20. Only because I find other eyeshadows to be just as good or even better for a more affordable price. 

Please let me know what you think about the L'Oreal Infallible eyeshadows and what your favourite shades from the collections are. 


xo



32 comments :

  1. Yep, my favourite is also burning black, it's really pretty! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post !!

    I really like the color of the blue one :)

    Just stopped by your blog!
    Loved it instantly so I have no choice but to follow you around!!

    Please feel free to check out my blog if you have the time

    Love,

    Janice
    the-fashion-milkshake.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post on this, thanks.
    They're soo pretty and I love that they look like little paint pots, My favourite are the Burning black and Pebble grey.
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the packaging! I think Pebble Grey is my favourite but maybe that's just because the name is so perfect :P

    xx Veronica

    http://frowardfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. $20?! My gosh. Good thing you found it on ebay! Can't believe how much they hike up prices. I love the colors you chose! :D Bronze Divine is really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. never tried these but i always see it to be powdery or cracked when i go to the drugstore which makes me think they may be a bit fragile. plus its soooooo expensive in australia :(

    the colours look gorgeous though!

    Laura x

    demure-porcelain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need those in my life
    -Stef
    traintostyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't have any of these colors, but I love the ones that I have. The ones here have different packaging.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the look of Bronze Divine (which is translating as an olive) and Burning and Black! I haven't picked up any because the price makes me cringe :/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I might have to give these a try!

    aloveaffairwithfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are some unique shades! lovely pictures, love ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful pigments
    xo
    lilithfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those look so lovely and pigmented! I haven't tried any yet myself though.
    http://cofcorals.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love! I've heard these are great and I seriously want one!! At least one!! lol Nice swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That eBay deal is really a great bargain! Did you have to pay for shipping too? I have a few of these and Sahara Treasure is my favourite. I have been contemplating buying Burning Black but each time I've seen it, I've managed to exercise some resolve and walk away from it :p I've not seen some of these colours before, they must be international shades.

    ReplyDelete
  16. These look fantastic, can't believe you got so many for only $30! Australia is such a rip off sometimes...

    ReplyDelete
  17. these colors are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This collection is great!
    Check out my blog? Www.torijweller.com

    Tori x

    ReplyDelete
  19. the colours look so lovely

    ReplyDelete
  20. never used this collection of eyeshadows but looks pretty good!
    would you like to follow each other?
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. these colours look amazing! and I absolutely adore your blog. The makeup is wonderful and I'll really love to try that out!

    Following u now via Goggle +. Follow me back if you like! ♥
    Say meow to me on:
    Miss Kwong: From Catwalk to Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have one in Iced Latte.. Love the colors you got! :D

    www.cutedumpling.blogspot.com

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  23. these are $20 apiece? ouch.
    the swatches look great though :) would love to try one!
    great blog post!

    anansays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. those are so expensive :/ i def want to try these out though. cute blog :)

    http://sultanassanctuary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. L'oreal is famous brand from paris, its also called Lorealparis. Paris is famous for beautiful women's and their make up style. L'oreal has now come up with variety of product ranges in his bucket.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I've been wanting those shadows for so long!

    ReplyDelete
  27. $20 each??? weew! heheheehe!! it's loreal! you bought 6pcs of loreal eyeshadow... quite expensive but worth it! i wish i could buy atleast one but too sad i haven't seen any of that in our country

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!