17 Jul 2012

Review: Benefit Thrrrob & High Beam

Over the last couple of months, my love for Benefit products continues to keep growing and growing and is becoming one of my favourite brands for cosmetics. In this post I will be review my two most recent purchases from Benefit which is the Thrrrob blush and High Beam highlighter. 



There have been many different reviews about the Thrrob blush, some of which say they absolutely love the blush whilst others depict that the blush is not worth the hefty price tag. First off, let's start with the packaging. Likewise with other Benefit blushes, Thrrrob comes in a lovely decorated box which I find is very unique. However, it can be a little annoying at times when trying to squish the box in one of your travel bags, everyday make-up bag or just in your make-up collection! But it can be distinguished easily, which is convenient. The blush also comes with an adorable travel brush that matches the packaging of the box! I love that Benefit adds that little extra something to each product they produce! 

Thrrob is described by Benefit to give you the 'turned-on' flush for your cheeks, and I think it definitely gives your cheeks that look. I'm terrible at describing the colours for products, but I would say that Thrrrob would be a light pink blush with slight purple undertones and little specks of glitter. As stated above, there are many reviews which have stated that Thrrrob's colour pay-off is not very pigmented or quite up to scratch. However, for me the blush shows up quite well and does give my cheeks that flushed look. Because of the little glitters in Thrrrob, I think it would look lovely during the Spring time to give your face that lovely glow. Also, the blush does have a lovely smell to it as well as the other blushes from Benefit which is a plus!



Now onto High Beam -  I was so excited when I received this in the mail as I've been experimenting a lot with highlighters recently! I've heard so many good things about Benefit's High Beam so of course I had to try it straight away. My initial thought about the highlighter is that it was a little smaller than I anticipated, however when I used the product I realised that a little goes a long way! High Beam definitely lives up to all the rave reviews I've read/watched as it does give your face that beautiful glowing look. It captures the light perfectly and makes your skin look more healthier and fresh. 

The packaging as well as the applicator was a little off-putting as it resembles a lot to nail polish, but I found that after using the product once or twice I definitely got the hang of it and found it quite easy. I usually use High Beam on the tops of my cheeks, down the centre of my nose, on my cupid's bow and slightly on my chin. 



(Thrrrob & High Beam)

A bad photo of the swatches, but you can tell that both products look lovely. Both of these products are very long-lasting and stayed put throughout the whole day. All in all I think that although Benefit products can be quite expensive, they are definitely worth giving a go and splurging on. The colour pay-offs are wonderful and can last you a very, very long time. There are also many sample sizes of these products which can be found on eBay for extremely affordable prices, so you can try the product out before spending a lot of money for the full size product which is very handy. Please let me know your opinions on these Benefit products and which blushes/highlighters you love so I can give them a try!

xo

31 comments :

  1. Thanks for the review, I don't have any Benefit products! I haven't heard much about Thrrrob before but it does seem more pigmented in your swatch than other people let on! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love Benefit High beam highlighter, it's the best I've used :)
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried Benefit blushes but I just love the packaging :) Thrrrob looks quite pigmented on your swatch though^^ X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've really been wanting to try high beam! Great review!

    kassicalife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The blush looks and sounds lovely, and the packaging is great!
    http://cofcorals.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have both of these products and love them both :) I prefer thrrrob of the two as I think it's really unique. In the case of High Beam there are other cheaper highlighters out there that do a similar job. Still lovely products though! Great review x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the review! I have never used any of these products, but the colors are so nice! I really like that blush color!

    I'm a new follower!

    If you have time, could you check/comment/follow if you like my blog
    http://mindy13579.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thrrrob looks beautiful! I have high beam and love it. I tend to use it more during the winter months because of the pinkiness.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice review! I have never tried benefit products before!

    xo
    Naty
    aloveaffairwithfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love High Beam :) maybe i should try the blushies too hmmm if only i dont have so many here to finish off first T^T

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great review. I have not tried these 2 products but have tried one of their cream liners (I actually use it as eyeshadow)and found that to be great quality, so will definately be trying more from them in the future. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Benefit is amazing. I love high beam, the blush looks nice too :) xx

    jensbrightandbeautiful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the comment, so glad I came across your blog! I love High Beam, one of my favourite Benefit products :)

    Am following :) x

    http://wewereraisedbywolves.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice review! I've been experimenting with highlighters recently as well and was thinking about getting High Beam. I do have a question though.. do you think it is natural/more natural than a powder highlight? For example, can you visibly see the glitter/sparkles in High Beam? I would love to know!
    xoxo, Brooke
    http://babblinbrookebeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love High Beam, its a really good product. I have the little mini one, definitely picking up the full size when I run out of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Me too. I went for a Benefit makeover and I was hooked. I love their product, I need to own everything and it's an illness. I really love the look of thrrrob blush..but I'm worried it won't suit my lighter complexion..I'm not pale but definitely fair.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I don't have any Benefit products but I'm eyeing Hoola intently. I've always wanted to take home one of those boxed blushes, but it's just so expensive here. I like the look of High Beam, though I have this Revlon liquid highlighter in the shade Pink Light which apparently it's a good dupe. Thrrrob looks like it'd give you a really healthy flush :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oooh. This Thrrrob blush looks lovely! Now I may have to get this one too :/ !!

    thanks for stopping into my blog the other day :)

    ablogaboutprettystuff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love benefit cosmetic! the packaging is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Had my eye on highbeam for a while... Show a face pic with you wearing it so we can see what it looks like on with a complete look! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love high beam! I also want to pick up Thrrrob because I've heard its being discontinued.. It looks so pretty!

    http://dulcet-sparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really love The Balm`s Mary Louminazer highligher, it`s the best so far! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. thrrrob is perfect for me!!;) but my friend who has deeper skin, is upset it won't work for her cuz she realllyy loves the color and design. can she use it as a contour?

    ReplyDelete
  24. What shade are you in mac? :) I want to get thrrrob but am afraid that it'll be too light.

    ReplyDelete
  25. that Benefit High Beam is awesomeeee...

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love benefit cardboard packaging >.<

    ReplyDelete
  27. I haven't tried any Benefit blushes, but Thrrrob have always been the one I;m looking at, and the packaging is cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  28. never try any products from benefit.but thank you for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  29. The blush looks lovely, i havenot tried these.

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!