30 Jun 2012

Review: Maybelline Colour Tattoo Eyeshadows

Now I know I'm extremely late on the bandwagon & all of you have probably read or watched thousands of reviews about the Maybelline Colour Tattoo eyeshadows, but I thought I would do my own review of these as it is my very first time trying them. I saw these babies at Priceline the other day and couldn't believe my eyes! I hadn't seen the Maybelline Colour Tattoos anywhere in Australia before, so I was so excited when I saw them. I had contemplated on grabbing them online, but I never went through with the purchase. However, I'm extremely happy I did end up waiting and buying them in person because I was able to actually have them and not wait for them to be shipped to me. 

 Clockwise: Bad to the Bronze, Edgy Emerald, Tenacious Teal & Painted Purple

First off can I just say these cream eyeshadows are amazing pigmented and have such a long staying power! The Colour Tattoo eyeshadows claim of being smudge-proof, crease-proof and wear for 24 hours is definitely correct! I found that these reminded me a lot of the MAC paint pots in terms of consistency and pigmentation. Also it does have a slightly greasy but blendable texture when first applied, but it then quickly dries down to become a solid colour base for other eyeshadows, or even to be worn on their own!



So as you can tell from the photos, I ended up purchasing four eyeshadows: Bad to the Bronze, Edgy Emerald, Tenacious Teal and Painted Purple. I haven't seen all the colours of the collection available at my local Priceline yet, but I can't wait until they come out as the colour selection is amazing! Since purchasing these creme eyeshadows, I have been playing around and wearing them throughout the day and all i can say is that these have been extraordinary in every possible way. As I said it does dry down pretty quickly, so I find that using my ring finger to apply the eyeshadows is the best technique. However you may find that using a brush is better for you, it just depends on your preference.


 Clockwise: Bad to the Bronze, Edgy Emerald, Tenacious Teal & Painted Purple

I was so amazed when I first swatched these, and I could not believe how smooth and pigmented they were! I actually am still amazed after using them a couple of times haha. These are definitely becoming one of my favourite eyeshadows in my collection and it is actually not as expensive as I thought they would be. Priceline was selling them for around $11.50AUD - I was assuming it would be around there $20 mark as everything in Australia is about 3 times as much as American and English prices! 


(L-R) Painted Purple,  Bad to the Bronze, Tenacious Teal & Edgy Emerald

I definitely understand the hype of the Maybelline Colour Tattoos and recommend you trying these out if you haven't already! They are a really good investment and they just look amazing! Please let me know your thoughts on these eyeshadows and what are your favourite colours! :) 

Also, I just got Bloglovin! So please follow me with Bloglovin :)

xo

38 comments :

  1. Thanks for sharing <3
    love the Edgy Emerald one ^^
    i'll defenitly buy it =D

    xx
    http://lieyingwu.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  2. love these colours, stunning!!!
    http://rock4less.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely colors, thanks for the review!
    xx
    skinnyfoxx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these. They make great bases too if you are doing bright make up looks!

    http://maggiemunster.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look beautiful for bright summer makeup!
    xo
    Shubhi's Revels!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Color Tattoos! I only own a few of the neutrals, but the brighter colors look so beautiful in your swatches that I might have to give the other colors a try! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. woww cool i was wondering when they were going to release these here. will definitely check them out!

    Laura x

    demure-porcelain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. these so didn't work for me. they creased like no other.. and my lids aren't even that oily!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooh ive gotta try this eyeshadow sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these! I have Bad to the Bronze and wear it all the time! Thanks for sharing! Come check out my latest blog post. I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)
    -Amber
    http://beautyguide101.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the Painted Purple one! They look so amazing!
    Thanks for the review!

    Khanak
    www.keepingupwithkhanak.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really want to try one of these, I especially love the look of Bad to the Bronze!xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. love your blog :) I can see all the time and effort you spent on this site

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like using these as a base. My favourite and most used one is the white one. That sucks so hard how everything costs more :<

    ReplyDelete
  15. They really seem to have a nice pigmentation!!and the colors are so fun for this summer :o)

    ReplyDelete
  16. i definitely love these! i wish i got the taupe one

    ReplyDelete
  17. I absolutely love them :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Bad to the bronze has got to be the most awesome color in the swatch for me. I love golds!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I haven't seen these at Priceline yet ... hopefully I will soon. I'm loving the bronze one though I have an Essence cream eyeshadow that closely resembles it, I'm such a sucker for neutrals :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. i definitely heard a lot of good things about these as well. the bronze looks great for daytime! keep in touch <3


    -Joyce
    carouselstreet.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. These work SO well. i have Tough As Taupe and Pomegranate Punk and they are both super pigmented as well. I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  22. AH i need Bad to The Bronze, it would really go well with the naked palette e/s
    great blog post!

    anansays.blogspot.com

    x

    ReplyDelete
  23. I haven't tried these, but they do look lovely! I would probably go with Bad to the Bronze. . . best for my blue eyes.
    http://cofcorals.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm seeing them everywhere but I haven't tried them yet! As I look to the Bronze one, my craving for the eyeshadow rises! Thanks for the review! X

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oooh they are so pigmented! I wonder what other colors are there!

    Samantha (Nail Art Couture)
    Drop by and Enter my Julep Intro Box Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  26. The eyeshadows are amazing and definitely worth the hype! Glad you finally found some for yourself at a good price!

    ReplyDelete
  27. love how pigmented they're !!

    check out my blog!

    www.makeupbydulce.blogspot.com

    dulce

    ReplyDelete
  28. I have a few of these and love them :) The elf cream eyeshadows are amazing too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. I really want to try these out - there are so many products I want at the moment!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. These look so lovely, defos on my 'to buy' list! Would you like to follow each other hun? xox

    My Blog : The Style Khaleesi

    ReplyDelete
  31. OMG..I want this thing..!!
    will be one of my wishlist..:D
    seojinworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. love the color Bad to the Bronze

    ReplyDelete
  33. bad to the bronze looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!